July Challenge - Write Every Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Harbin

Power to the pen!
Registered
Reaction score
Taylor: I know the feeling. Sometimes it’s fine to just start and let the details fill in themselves; other times it leads to…problems.

Well, I got to eat my words. I was just going to do a little more outlining and them bam, an element hit me right in the face that made (or appeared to make) the whole thing fit together. New story started!

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pterosnest.blogspot.com
Day 30 - 137 words. I had to devote the day to paid work. I'm hoping it rains tonight so I don't have to work on the yard.

It sounds like everybody accomplished something this month, so we're all winners. :banana::banana: On to August!

WGough - I was a big wrestling fan for a while back around 2000 or so. My characters meet when one of them defeats the other with a move I once saw Kane use on Jeff Hardy. Watching copious amounts of TV eventually does pay off. :)

xenylic

Advancing to the Castle Age
Registered
Reaction score
WGough: Awesome job! Wow so many people hitting the end of their draft this month!

csteffoz: Welcome and congrats! I hope you like it!

Layla: Very nice! It sounds like everything is running smoothly, in no small part to your consistent efforts!

Keithy: That's great to hear you got those chapters planned out! It's a bit of organization that can make a world of difference for us, so good luck!

Cindy: Neat! I hope that the reception (if you get any) is overwhelmingly positive! :)

Magnus: No worries, Magnus. If you're hitting goals every time you wouldn't be aiming very high. Plus, in my opinion, the end of the month really wears on us at the last week in a palpable way.

April: Ooh, I love flashes of inspiration while watching movies! I don't know how or why it happens, but it's the best thing ever. Best wishes for your hand to heal quickly, but way to roll with the punches and keep on progressing via typing!

Taylor: Woohoo! That's great that you've picked a new thing up so quickly after finishing the last! I'm sure it will be a worth successor to your writing time!

Ptero: Congrats on 137 words! It's impressive that you won't skip your yard chores unless it comes to that. Well done, and fingers crossed for you on that rain check!

2.4k words! This does come with an asterisk, though. I was kinda stuck on where to progress today, and a thousand of those words were not strictly counted into my manuscript since they were a free write that I used to answer a few of my lingering questions concerning the most prevalent plot points coming up. But I'm counting it all since A: It got to a thousand words, and B: It put a huge mystery together about how a certain love interest of my MC gets duped into abandoning his best friend when she needs it most!

I'm now over the July goal and sitting pretty at 81k words and counting! I hope to cut out another 1.5 tomorrow to reach 83, which would give me a good head start for the big drafting goal in August to finish off my summer!

Also, I've been back in the thick of exercise after a week-long hiatus in driving to Chicago and back, which feels really reinvigorating, after being marred by a bunch of back and knee pain after the trip.

Good luck tomorrow, and finish strong for the month of July!

WGough

Registered
Reaction score
Day 30
Drafted a scene, 1,467 words. One chapter left to go on Book II

April: I knew that fix would come! Sorry about your hand. Wishing you a better week!

Taylor: Let it stew, stew, stew and thicken. Good luck with your research.

Magnus: Keep at it. And thanks for starting the new thread. You're the best.

Cindyt: Congrats on the pub! Amazing.

Keithy: Good luck with your chapters. Looking forward to more of Shana's exploits.

Layla: I envy your steady progress.

csteffoz: Welcome, friend. Nice word count. Looking forward to seeing more of you here.

xenylic: All the words count. Great process. I really need to start freewriting when I get stuck instead of pounding my head on the keyboard. Could be why my laptop eats my posts.

Pterofan: I haven't watched wrestling (or rassling as my daddy calls it) since the Von Erichs. Don't date that reference.

Congrats on a great month, everybody. One day to go.

Last edited:

Keithy

Just keep swimming
Registered
Reaction score
I spoke too soon; I'm struggling with a plot problem now :cry:

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pterosnest.blogspot.com
Day 31 - 197 words. Also did some editing. More of both may follow this afternoon.

I didn't write 500 words every day, but I did write every day. I got a draft of a story done and another started. I'm putting this in the "win" column.

Hope to see you all in the August thread! :hi:

April Swanson

Happy Beeps
Registered
Reaction score
Website
aprilswanson.com
Taylor: Yay! Glad to hear it worked out for you.

Pterofan: OMG I was a massive fan of WWF around that time (for a period of around 11 intense months). I had a Rock top, a DX top, and a Too Cool pendant. I was, in fact, toooo cool.

xenylic: All the words count, so go you for getting so many! You’ve got to work out the mysteries somehow.

WGough: Wooft, great count! Eeee, you’re so close to the finish line!

Keithy: I’m beginning to think life is just one neverending series of plot problems. You’ll get there :)

Had massive headache today which was Fun! but I did manage to sketch out the first scene of my second draft and dump a whole load of scene ideas onto Scrivener. Could have worked harder though, so I need to buck up my ideas for August.

Hope you’re all joining in for next month’s shenanigans :)

Day 31: Wee bit; 7.5 miles; ups and downs

WGough

Registered
Reaction score
Day 31
Drafted new scene. 782 words. Not feeling it today. Didn't finish the last chapter, but that's cool. Thought about Book II quite a bit today, and I'm leaning toward restructuring. The joys and pains of exploratory drafting.

Keithy: I swear, you and I are on the same wavelength. Good luck plotting!

Pterofan: Great job. See you in August.

April: Feel better! I could have worked harder as well. See you for shenanigans!

Looking forward to seeing you all on the August thread. Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.