PSA: Check Your Pool Noodles for Danger Noodles

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Er *furrows brow* no.

Oh, hang on. Lord Howe Island and Norfolk Island are snake-free.

Here's header on the NI NP page:

But they're islands, so at some point you have to cross salt-water crocodile-infested salt water, yes? It's a wonder you have a tourist industry.:Wha:

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah. But that wasn't a snake.
Yeah, murderous humans can happen anywhere. Not something you could blame Australia for. In fact, for a place settled by convicts, you're remarkably peaceful. Nothing like the USA, in fact.

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Most of our spiders aren't dangerous, even the big ones.

crosses Norfolk Island off potential places to visit list. Most of out spiders, Eech, Australia. What the hell.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
One moral of the story is: Always have your dog on a lead and under your control.

Another is: Goannas are mostly chill, but they will tear off your face if you annoy them, using their teeth or claws -- or both, if they want to get the job done quickly. They also have anticoagulant toxins in their saliva. Bacteria too, because they eat all kinds of stuff. Including, as it turns out, unrestrained pets.

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
The latest update is, the dog survived. Hopefully, important life lesson learned.

I'm still waiting for a brief on the goanna's health.

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
P.S. the media can piss off with its 'vicious goanna attack' bullshit. It was a vicious dog attack, and the dog and owner both got righteously owned by a lizard.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
I read an update that said the dog was a 'Jack Russell mix', so, small enough to be a target as well as jumping, yapping, overexcited enough to make anyone, human or lizard want to snap. Being a lizard, the goanna snapped at the dog.:Shrug:

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not taking sides between the noble doggo and the eldritch primeval god-lizard. But please leash your pets, they make horrible decisions sometimes.

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a dog person, even a small dog person, but it's hard to picture this scenario as anything other than the goanna minding its own business when someone's unleashed dumbass of a dog decided it could take on something three times its size and carnivorous, with predictable consequences. The fault is clearly with the owner. But at the same time, countless millions of lizards a year are slaughtered in this country by invasive species (dogs, but overwhelmingly cats), and it's a good thing that some of them can fight back.

Last edited:

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In defense of my dogs (who are NEVER off-leash except in the back yard), I don't think these things are choices. At six months they could dig a mole out of the ground and that takes skill. Clearly no one taught them.

They take on snakes when I don't get there in time and the grab and shake movement is another one of those genetically installed behaviors.

In other words, I blame the dog owners 100%. Shame on them.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a dog person, even a small dog person, but it's hard to picture this scenario as anything other than the goanna minding its own business when someone's unleashed dumbass of a dog decided it could take on something three times its size and carnivorous, with predictable consequences. The fault is clearly with the owner. But at the same time, countless millions of lizards a year are slaughtered in this country by invasive species (dogs, but overwhelmingly cats), and it's a good thing that some of them can fight back.

Now, granted, I'm assuming the goanna didn't just wander in the yard since I can't find info one way or another. I'm sorry that the dog got hurt but can't blame the goanna if an intemperate terrier is gonna bring. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My understanding is goannas are distressingly intelligent.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com

AZ_Dawn

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Rapper Lil Pump bitten by danger noodle! WTF?! (Language Warning and Blood Warning for the video.)

popculture.com said:
Rapper Lil Pump was merely sitting down and preparing for the next scene in his latest music video when bad luck fell upon him. The scene required Pump to hold a snake according to TMZ and the crew was giving the rapper the slithering animal during the Thursday night shoot.

Everything seemed normal at first until the snake clearly felt threatened and bit Pump right in his hand.

Non-poisonous noodle, but dangerous enough to draw blood. Fan and non-fans alike joke about it.

Moral of the story: Don't :censored with no snakes!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Why anyone would use a snake as a prop is ridiculous. News flash, they are not domestic animals. They are predators and quite capable of self defense.
I hope the noodle is okay

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Rapper Lil Pump bitten by danger noodle! WTF?! (Language Warning and Blood Warning for the video.)

Non-poisonous noodle, but dangerous enough to draw blood. Fan and non-fans alike joke about it.

Moral of the story: Don't :censored with no snakes!

Lil Pump makes Lil Wayne look like Big Wayne. I will give him (and the snake) credit for an entertaining rap beef tho. Maybe they can make up and do a single together.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Are musicians just likelier to do anything for publicity, or are they just likelier to be idiots?
Before it was Li'l Pump, there was Ozzy Osbourne, biting the head off a bat.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Or maybe he should give up show-biz and join his family in the rodent extermination business. He'd probably meet a better class of people.