PSA: Check Your Pool Noodles for Danger Noodles

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
I always thought that those stories about critters coming up out of the toilet (usually when people come home after a longish trip) were urban myths. I mean, the pipes are perpendicular and there's nothing to grab, so how could they climb up in the first place, and surely they would drown. I'm never again going to sit down without looking first.

Even in a perpendicular pipe, a reasonably-sized snake coils in the pipe, adjusts so that it's firmly against both sides of the pipe, and slithers up, using it's own muscles to provide traction. AFAIK, the only part of the pipe that's full of water is the one sharp bend that uses water to stop sewer gas from backing up. Snake holds it's breath, and, well, 'dives'. His head probably sees daylight before it's midsection gets through.
I would think that if the snake sees the 'light at the end of the tunnel' suddenly go dark, it would wait and see if things change before making that final attempt.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Who knew danger noodles like to play the cyberage version of ding dong ditch

Link

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...o-canada-in-truck-tires/ar-BBLmO9G?li=AAggFp5

Hah! Your snakey scout has been captured before he accomplished his mission and is being repatriated to his point of origin in Arkansas!

Alternative Liberal Canadian theory: Even the rat-snakes don't want to live under the current regime, and the poor snake should have been declared a refugee and granted a visa, in view of it's harrowing flight to freedom!

And we want to point out that any damage, bruises, etc to the snake, occurred during it's voyage: he was not roughed up by Canadian authorities.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You tried little Danger Noodle, you tried.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
He was brave in his attempt. We won't be giving him a medal, of course, but you guys definitely should.
And I hope that this 'snake on a plane' gets to ride up front. With sssssnackssss.

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
For distinguished service to Danger Noodle Special Ops and suffering injuries in the line of duty.

9bzdqW9.png

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Slight derail:

Pool noodles become Shame Noodles

Twitter link

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
And yet, the Noodles of Shame seem counterproductive.
They protect the horns, yes, and possibly protect other goats, but goats aren't really 'gorers' and most of the butting-force is in the forehead, which is un-noodled.
Possibly the noodles are merely being filled with goat-horn to keep the snakes out?
Somebody is mocking either goats or snakes! Baaa-d folkssss!

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and the Chicken-Cobra Fall migration will start soon. Our brave boys will flap south to poop on your grass and eat your grain, and y'all will gun them down - not as a menace to public safety, but because they're tasty! Big, muscular, and hard to chew, but tasty. (This is why they fly south this time of year - our Thanksgiving comes earlier than yours, and they want to be safely away.)
You're welcome!

Last edited:

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
They ARE tasty.

OT: Oh, childhood horrors involving geese at dinner. One: my dad improperly cleaning the goose so it still had feathers AND buckshot in it. And two, my dad's infamous "Shake & Bake" debacle in cooking goose. This happened in the same week he overcooked venison to the consistency and taste of shoe leather...

BTW, is it true that grape Kool-Aid powder will keep geese off your lawn? 'Cause I swear I remember hearing about that in the late 80's...

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Never heard that about grape Kool-Aid powder, nor seen a purple-stained lawn. Knowing geese, they would take it as a tasty condiment. You might want to experiment, though. ;)

Sounds like your father cooked the way my father did - sort of spontaneously?
My dad overcooked turkey, undercooked turkey, and we had our first fresh turkey the year after my mother died, when Dad refused to believe that the frozen turkey couldn't be thawed in a morning, to cook that afternoon. It was a fun day of going from store to store, looking for the last of the fresh turkeys.

(We never had to worry about pellets, though - my dad was not a hunter, and, generally, one doesn't shoot fish.)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
BTW, is it true that grape Kool-Aid powder will keep geese off your lawn? 'Cause I swear I remember hearing about that in the late 80's...

I googled this. Turns out the Cobra Chicken Army really can be repelled by grape Kool-Aid or powdered grape Jolly Ranchers. Take that Canada, your great army, defeated by American junk food.

Just liberally spread the powder on your lawn.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
I googled this. Turns out the Cobra Chicken Army really can be repelled by grape Kool-Aid or powdered grape Jolly Ranchers. Take that Canada, your great army, defeated by American junk food.

Just liberally spread the powder on your lawn.

The things I learn here! I never would have thought the Kool-Aid thing would work! I bow to your Google-fu.
Not enough to empurple my tiny lawn, though.
In any case, it's too small to be a goose landing pad. The biggest I get are Stellar jays.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Okay - an update on the snake/cobra-chicken front.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/video/ani...storeys-in-epic-tussle/vi-BBN7bof?OCID=FIRPLC

Now, I'm no expert, so I can't tell if this truly is 'two snakes fighting' or a polite description of 'two snakes f-----g', but it's certainly two snakes (some sort of boas or pythons) wrapped around each other, both either oblivious of the dangers of doing that while hanging from a tree, or unable to save themselves when things go too far.
Although, the slimmer snake has some idea of self-preservation, throwing a couple of loops around the larger snake, and, apparently, trying to reach the patio rail.

Still, it's doubtless incidents like this that led to the noble cobra-chicken to develop feet and wings. Feet for better balance, and flight so that falling is less likely. Unless a canid or other predator has actually got a grip on a goose, the only way you'll get one is shooting it out of the air.

If 'Coyote and Roadrunner' had been 'Coyote and Canada Goose', Coyote wouldn't need to fall off cliffs to get beat-up.

Last edited:

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Two male danger noodles fighting over a female and they end up needing help. You know she was watching them, just shaking her head.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Bet you're wishing you had more cobra-chickens now! It's autumn, I believe more troops are on their way. Try not to shoot them all before they get to their new targets.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Danger Noodle break jaw, inspires creative veterinary care

Link

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Lucky snake, and that vet's work was inspirational. Especially as surgery on a small snake's jaw (and keeping it still and quiet afterwards) seems tricky.
I suppose it's not in a snake's nature to chew before swallowing.

- - - Updated - - -

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No, they just unhinge their jaw and down the meal goes

CWatts

down the rabbit hole of research...
Registered
Reaction score