The Blog Support Group (for AW Peers)

mselephant2015

Registered
Reaction score
Genres, hmm. A bit of romance, tragedy, drama...I'm quite flippant with my short stories. I can be tragic one day and the next day, the story could be quite pleasant. I use them as an opportunity to experiment with different genres.

Sekkori, you had me at "a chronicle of my present journey from a registered nurse to being a published author while juggling marriage, motherhood, and of course my job as a nurse. Follow me for the ups, downs, and curves along the way." Love it.

Unthoughtknown, great titles! Had me interested right away. I loved reading about your own roadblocks (I have the same one in the shape of the two year old) and I was intrigued by how many things can affect our chances of success. Great topic, great delivery :D

I apologise for my absence, I've been lost in the depths of the countryside, but I'm back with an update: https://loladeelay.wordpress.com/2018/07/15/july-update/

unthoughtknown

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jennifersando.com
I think your blog looks great, I really like the photography section as well. The theme is not too colorful or distracting, so the reader can concentrate on the content and the photography. Mine is still a work in progress. check it out www.sekkorisbooks.com

Thanks for taking a look!

I had a look at your site. Your posts have a warm and inviting tone. This is a teeny thing, but on your contact page, maybe change it to Contact Me, rather than Contact Us? Also, if your theme supports it, and assuming you are the only writer on your blog, I would see if you can turn off the option that shows your posts are written by "admin". If your theme doesn't support that, you can go into the user profile in your wordpress settings, and change the admin details to show your first name instead. Just a thought.

unthoughtknown

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jennifersando.com
Unthoughtknown, great titles! Had me interested right away. I loved reading about your own roadblocks (I have the same one in the shape of the two year old) and I was intrigued by how many things can affect our chances of success. Great topic, great delivery :D

I apologise for my absence, I've been lost in the depths of the countryside, but I'm back with an update: https://loladeelay.wordpress.com/2018/07/15/july-update/

Thanks for checking my blog out - I just commented on your latest post. Cheers.

droe261117

Registered
Reaction score
Hello guys,

apologies if this is already covered, what does everyone think of WIX? I've created both a website and blog with them. I'm trying to get my blog off the ground but looking at some of those linked into this thread I don't think I have the time to commit, does anyone have any tips for keeping people interested if you can't post everyday?

ajaye

partial to a gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Hello guys,

apologies if this is already covered, what does everyone think of WIX? I've created both a website and blog with them. I'm trying to get my blog off the ground but looking at some of those linked into this thread I don't think I have the time to commit, does anyone have any tips for keeping people interested if you can't post everyday?

I don't expect blogs I follow to have a new post every day -- more like once a week, once a fortnight, once a month even. I'm more expectant of consistency. Hey, I'm happy with posts coming ad hoc, as long as it's consistent ad hoc. :)

Sekkori36

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sekkorisbooks.com
Thanks for taking a look!

I had a look at your site. Your posts have a warm and inviting tone. This is a teeny thing, but on your contact page, maybe change it to Contact Me, rather than Contact Us? Also, if your theme supports it, and assuming you are the only writer on your blog, I would see if you can turn off the option that shows your posts are written by "admin". If your theme doesn't support that, you can go into the user profile in your wordpress settings, and change the admin details to show your first name instead. Just a thought.

Thank you for the input, I just noticed the Contact page two days ago actually and had it on my to-do list. I was trying to figure out how to switch from admin, will do that, really appreciate it. :)

unthoughtknown

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jennifersando.com
Hello guys,

It's not really writing, but it's still contributing to building your platform in a sense--you might want to look at using stories on instagram. Or actual posts on Instagram. Even a Facebook update to your writer page if you have one. In addition to that, a quick email to your mailing list. The latter being the best option because at least you own that content. If you don't want to maintain a blog but still want to produce long-form content, you should look into Medium.

mselephant2015

Registered
Reaction score
I do mine manually as well. I don't tend to bother with FB, as I only have friends and family on there, and they couldn't care less!