Book reviews

tmodis

Registered
Reaction score
How does one get his book reviewed in Amazon? One just sits and waits or there is a way to accelerate the process?

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
First you get readers, then maybe they decide to review your book, & they do. The only way to accelerate the process is to give away copies as if they were ARCs, & hope those who receive decide to review. See if you can go through NetGalley.

Do not approach readers directly asking for review. And do not buy reviews.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Definitely do not buy reviews.

If your book is already published you're going to struggle to get any book bloggers to review it, so I think you're going to have to hope readers find it and like it enough to review it. If you're trade published your publisher should have sent out review copies.

tmodis

Registered
Reaction score
How do I give away ARCs? Whom do I send them to?

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
You send them to anyone and everyone who might possibly review your book, or talk about it favourably to enough people to influence sales. But as I said, if your book has already been published then most book bloggers and reviewers won't be interested now.

It would help if you'd tell us something about your book. What genre, when will it be published, who is publishing it, etc.

alkin

Registered
Reaction score
I hadn't thought of that. On the other hand, do reviews increase sales? Is there any metric to that?

tmodis

Registered
Reaction score
My book is creative nonfiction; a biographical novel, scheduled for publicaton on October 30 by a small academic publisher, ibidem Press.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
ibidem Press is most likely already soliciting reviews, you should coordinate with them and check what their ARC policy is.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
ibidem Press is most likely already soliciting reviews, you should coordinate with them and check what their ARC policy is.

This. They've got the time they need to send out ARCs and get those reviews coming in. It's their job, not yours. Talk to them. Ask them what they're doing.