Short Story Shortlisted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dona St Columb

Registered
Reaction score
I have a tendency to move the goal posts on myself when it comes to writing achievements (I'm sure I'm not the only one guilty of that), so in the interests of acknowledging my accomplishments I thought I'd share the news that I submitted to a short story competition and my entry was shortlisted :hooray:

I only really started writing short stories about a year ago, before that I'd only ever worked on novel-length projects- I'm not exactly known for being succinct :Ssh: but I've entered a few short story contests now and this is the second time I've been shortlisted, so maybe I'm not as bad at it as I thought! ;)

Of course now I'm on pins waiting to hear who the judges have chosen as the winner (see above re: moving goal posts!) but I'm trying to remind myself that being shortlisted down to 10 out of over 400 is still a huge accomplishment in itself, and to take a minute to appreciate that...

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
Yay! Yes, that means people who read a great deal in your genre feel your work is worthy of further consideration. This is not a small thing--it's definitely worth celebrating. You go! :partyguy:

WGough

Registered
Reaction score
You're never as bad as you think. Great job. Congrats.:hooray:

s_nov

Registered
Reaction score
Yay that's so exciting! Congratulations!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.