I'm new and don't have a clue (cheesy rhyme I know)

AJones

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! I just happened to find this site yesterday in my search for online critiquing sites. So far I'm not really sure what I'm seeing... just threads and comments and no actual stories written by people anywhere on here. Am I simply overlooking it, or is this the wrong site to be looking at for feedback on a story? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
Regdog will be along with useful links of how to get started using the forums. Till then....

For some types of critique request, you must wait till you reach 50 posts, before you can post your work. Some people may not critque your work, unless you have critiqued others first. It's a supportive community, not so much a "give me what I need, and I will be on my way" community.

Each writing type may or may not have rules before you can share your work for critique. I think poetry does not have the 50 post rule, but do not hold me to that. Start below and read the rules for whatever part you want to share your work in....

https://absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?160-AW-Writing-Lab

Denevius

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
It takes a little while to navigate the site. What you’re looking for is here.

Welcome to AW!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.