From Nurse to Writer

Sekkori36

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sekkorisbooks.com
Hello everyone, I am a nurse who loves to write. I am currently working on my first suspense novel. I signed up for this forum because I want to surround myself with like-minded people. Everyone at my hospital looks at me crazy when I say I'm writing a book. :)
Very excited to be here.

Lakey

professional dilettante
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Sekkori36. This is a terrific place to talk craft and process. I bet your work gives you lots of opportunities to collect interesting stories. Does your suspense novel have a hospital or medical element?

Sekkori36

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sekkorisbooks.com
Welcome, Sekkori36. This is a terrific place to talk craft and process. I bet your work gives you lots of opportunities to collect interesting stories. Does your suspense novel have a hospital or medical element?

I do get a lot of interesting stories. my second novel, which I hope to start later on in the year, is a suspense novel about a nurse.

SleepyGizmo

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Sekkori, thought I'd return the favour and reply here :p

I'm used to a similar response if I mention my writing - to the point were I will not mention it at all or sometimes lie and say I'm doing something else - hopefully we can find some supportive people here.
I'm also interested in what your suspense novel is about. How far along are you with it?

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW, Sekkori. Best of luck

Sekkori36

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sekkorisbooks.com
Hi Sekkori, thought I'd return the favour and reply here :p

I'm used to a similar response if I mention my writing - to the point were I will not mention it at all or sometimes lie and say I'm doing something else - hopefully we can find some supportive people here.
I'm also interested in what your suspense novel is about. How far along are you with it?

Im writing a story about a twin girls and the mystery surrounding one of them who died. I'm almost done with it, I'm up to 53,000 words. once I'm complete, I'll start the editing process.

MichaelC

Registered
Reaction score
Sekkori, I am also a nurse in one of my other lives. My current novel has little to do with nursing or medicine, but I am working on a non-fiction guide for nurses and I am writing a short-story medical thriller. In the very rare instances where I have downtime at a nursing job I try to edit my current novel. People always think I'm writing some type of paper for a nursing class!

Sekkori36

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sekkorisbooks.com
Sekkori, I am also a nurse in one of my other lives. My current novel has little to do with nursing or medicine, but I am working on a non-fiction guide for nurses and I am writing a short-story medical thriller. In the very rare instances where I have downtime at a nursing job I try to edit my current novel. People always think I'm writing some type of paper for a nursing class!

Hey Micheal, my fellow nurse :) My current novel is not medical related either. I never have time at work to edit, barely have time to pee sometimes. Happy to meet you, and best of luck with your novels.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm finishing up the first book in my sci-fi duology but the third book I have planned is "The Real History of Nursing". I have a lot to say about nursing that isn't front and center in most history books.

Nice to meet you, by the way.