Hello! New Fantasy, Sci-fi, YA author.

SleepyGizmo

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all, nice to meet you!

I've been writing for a while and have been encouraged to start submitting my work by those around me, so I thought it would be a good idea to join a community like this one for a bit of companionship in this process...
I'm naturally very shy and the idea of going to a real life writing club is terrifying to me, and this is pretty scary too, but easier to hide!

At the moment I'm trying to ship around an adventure novel, but so far I've only dared send my work out to two agents - the first I heard nothing from and the second responded with something more encouraging but still didn't want to take it. Since then I haven't sent out any more but I am working on improving the overall story before I begin again. I'd like reach a point were I can resume submissions by the end of the year.

Anyway, thank you for reading and hopefully I will be able to talk with you soon!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

pingle

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Sleepy, I regret not joining here before I sent off some submissions so I'm sure you'll find the forum really helpful for getting your book query ready.

I write YA fantasy too but no sci fi, though I love to read it. Good luck!

SleepyGizmo

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Sleepy, I regret not joining here before I sent off some submissions so I'm sure you'll find the forum really helpful for getting your book query ready.

I write YA fantasy too but no sci fi, though I love to read it. Good luck!

Hey Pingle, thanks for the welcome :) I will be scouring the forum for useful stuff, don't worry!

MatthewSteele

Registered
Reaction score
I just joined as well. Nice to already meet a fellow YA author! Hope the revamping of your novel goes well.

Beginning Write

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! Any blog/website we can read some of your previous/new work? :) Always enjoy reading AWers writing :)
Hello all, nice to meet you!

I've been writing for a while and have been encouraged to start submitting my work by those around me, so I thought it would be a good idea to join a community like this one for a bit of companionship in this process...
I'm naturally very shy and the idea of going to a real life writing club is terrifying to me, and this is pretty scary too, but easier to hide!

At the moment I'm trying to ship around an adventure novel, but so far I've only dared send my work out to two agents - the first I heard nothing from and the second responded with something more encouraging but still didn't want to take it. Since then I haven't sent out any more but I am working on improving the overall story before I begin again. I'd like reach a point were I can resume submissions by the end of the year.

Anyway, thank you for reading and hopefully I will be able to talk with you soon!

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Sleepy. Best of luck going forward.

SleepyGizmo

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome, everyone :)

@Austin I don't have a website yet... but it's on my to do list. I will definitely be sharing here at some point though, thanks!