Something wonderful happened when I checked Amazon today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I was just going to post here because I released a new book, and I'm really proud of it. I'm going to do that bit first because the incredibly cool part that comes after will make more sense that way.

So, I released a novelette, The Golden Key. I think it's some of the best writing I've ever done.

golden-key-ebook-cover-smaller-size.jpg

It's both a fairy tale retelling and a lot about my feelings on war in general and WWI in particular, since this year marks the 100th anniversary of the armistice.

But this is the really cool bit.

Someone just called me their favorite author. This has never happened before. Wow. :)

And what's more, she did it publicly, so I can share it with you. If you go here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D9YK27H/?tag=absowrit-20, and then go to the bottom of the page, you can read the review by Wilma Ann Washington.

*insert sigh here* Of course, you'd better do it soon because Amazon will likely yank it since she said I gave her a copy. But still. She said it. Nobody ever said that before. This is awesome. :snoopy:

Last edited:

Cindyt

Gettin wiggy wit it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
growingupwolf.blogspot.com
Okay, I was just going to post here because I released a new book, and I'm really proud of it. I'm going to do that bit first because the really cool part that comes after will make more sense that way.

So, I released a novelette, The Golden Key. I think it's some of the best writing I've ever done.

golden-key-ebook-cover-smaller-size.jpg

It's both a fairy tale retelling and a lot about my feelings on war in general and WWI in particular, since this year marks the 100th anniversary of the armistice.

But this is the really cool bit.

Someone just called me their favorite author. This has never happened before. Wow. :)

And what's more, she did it publicly, so I can share it with you. If you go here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D9YK27H/?tag=absowrit-20, and then go to the bottom of the page, you can read the review by Wilma Ann Washington.

*insert sigh here* Of course, you'd better do it soon because Amazon will likely yank it since she said I gave her a copy. But still. She said it. Nobody ever said that before. This is awesome. :snoopy:

:snoopy:

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Go you! Nice looking cover too.

-Derek

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks so much, everyone. :snoopy:

It's so easy to beat yourself up, trying to make this author gig work. My current thing I'm hitting myself over the head with is trying to wrap my mind around promotion--what to do, where to do it, and how much to spend. Trust me, Rowling's financial empire is in no danger.

But something like this...isn't this why we all got into writing in the first place? And okay, money would be nice because that stuff comes in handy, but this...this was really the heart of it.

Last edited:

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
To be told you're someone's 'favourite author' must be an amazing feeling, Cathleen.

Congratulations. A fab review!:Clap:

Hbooks

Registered
Reaction score
That's really awesome, congrats!

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
Squeee! That's amazing! Congratulations!

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks so much, everyone. Tazlima helped me make it a better book, so extra thanks there, but I'm really grateful for all the kind words. It means more when something good happens and you can share it with someone who understands. :)

WGough

Registered
Reaction score
The first to publicly name you her favorite author, but not the last. Way to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.