Query Formatting Conundrum

tn_writer

Registered
Reaction score
I just realized the first three queries I sent about a month ago were sent completely garbled and unreadable, even after sending a test email to myself. Now that I know about pasting into Notepad from Word before pasting into the email, is it OK to requery those three agents? Or is it my goof, my loss?

FJaneH

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I think you should resend with a quick apology and explanation as to why you are querying again. Most agents would understand that technical issues can happen to anyone. :)

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Did they have the weird character strings that show up instead of certain punctuation? Or was the spacing between the paragraphs weird/italics missing?

I would be really hesitant to query if it were anything other than the first. Agents do understand that sometimes things don't translate between various email programs. If it looks messy, that's one thing. If it has actual junk lines then you could probably requery. (You don't specify what you mean by "garbled" so...)

tn_writer

Registered
Reaction score
The encoding was corrupted (weird characters strings). I figured it was rightfully discarded and re-queried. Learning the hard way... Thanks so much for the reply!