• Read this: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?288931-Guidelines-for-Participation-in-Outwitting-Writer-s-Block

before you post.

Using a Notepad to Combat WB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatikitchi

Registered
Reaction score
I have faced writers block many times and honestly it is the most dangerous thing that could happen to me as a writer. When I experience this I tend to let other things distract me from my work for weeks, or heck even months! I knew I had to do something about this. To combat the evil that is writer's block, I take notes of things I find inspiring.

For instance... I was stuck on a monster chase scene FOREVER, so what did I do? I searched for examples of chase scenes within films, books too, and took notes. Another time I struggled with imagery of an outside scene. This time I headed outside For a walk and plainly described things that caught my eye.

Note taking is a powerful tool to me and if writer's block is just as dangerous to you as it is to me, I recommend the use of notes.

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
If you are a pantser, maybe try more plotting to help you lessen occurrences of writer's block. Writer's block will happen, no matter how planned you are, but more plotting may help lower how often it happens.

Tatikitchi

Registered
Reaction score
Ah yes, I recently started just laying vague outlines for plot and it does seem to help a ton. I guess I should definitely plan more in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.