A new not so new member

cocoidie18

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

My name is cocoidie (pen name) it is my name everywhere on all writing websites and related forums.

I can't remember how I discovered this site because I came to sign up and discovered I joined almost nine years ago just before I went on hiatus from writing! So I never actually introduced myself or posted anything until now.

I am sad to see many of the sites I used back then are gone or may as well be. I love reading great stories and leaving critiquing reviews, especially in return for reviews ;) whether asked for or not. (not soliciting I promise)

I write and am most interested in fantasy, though I have dabbled in historical fiction and science fiction. I miss the writing and reviewing community I used to be a part of and hope to contribute as much as I can here.

During my time away, I went to College then I worked as Assistant Book Editor at a small publishing company. I loved it but they couldn't afford to keep me on in that role so I worked for a year in the warehouse, but it was a dead-end position and not what I signed up for. Now I help my partner in his work as a cyber investigator. Very different, so I am coming back to writing in my spare time as I miss it.

Last edited:

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back cocoidie. Best of luck going forward.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
During my time away, I went to College then I worked as Assistant Book Editor at a small publishing company.

Interesting. I picked up editing credits in the Army, for Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks, and while wielding the editor's blue pencil at colleges I worked for. Every little bit helps for writing or editing careers.

:welcome:, Cocoidie.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back

FlameMaster5

Registered
Reaction score
I am sad to see many of the sites I used back then are gone or may as well be.

...so I am coming back to writing in my spare time as I miss it.

Well, welcome back - to the forum, and more importantly to your writing! :D

The more and more I see new people join(or return from long ago in your case) the more I see how...sad we all are without our writing dreams. That and not being able to share any said works that we have managed to write. It's a lonely existence out there for a writer on their own! D:

I completely agree about the many sites that have dwindled. I still have my own forum that is practically a ghost town now - I created it as a teenager, and wrote among other teens, and since we've all grown up and went different ways. Now there's no one for extra support.

So that's why I'm here as well. To be surrounded by the community of writers that still exist in this nook of cyberspace. ;]
May we both find what we're looking for! ^^

cocoidie18

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Chase,

That is very true. I actually only had some editing credit from a writing course at TAFE. Not to undergraduate level. However, I have always liked editing and was a beta reader, which I may get back into depending on my time. I completed a professional internship as part of my undergrad degree in Communications at this company. Through that contact I got a contract job editing a manuscript which led to a full time job. It really is important to develop contacts and relationships as well as skill.

cocoidie18

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for all the warm welcomes guys. I didn't realise just how much it would mean to me to start writing again. I feel happier than I have felt in a while.