"Incredibles 2"...ZOMFG!!!11!!11!!!!!11111!!one one!!1eleventy-one!!!

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My partner went to see it this morning and IT'S ONLY ELEVENTY-KABILLION TIMES BETTER THAN THE FIRST! It picks up immediately at the end of the first one and goes from there. The animation is much more crisp, enough to make me want to go see it in 3D, and the writing is the usual amazing Pixar script. Without going into any detail, baby Jack-Jack even gets his first foe. It's pretty obvious who the villain is, however, but that doesn't take away from the sheer, absolute fun of this movie. (The opening short, Bao, is incredibly sweet and touching.)

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Needed more Edna (and I fully expect there to be an Edna/Jack-Jack short film in the Blu-ray release), but beyond that, IT WAS AWESOME!

But seriously - MORE EDNA. She needed to get a scene where she one-upped the designer of Elastagirl's suit.

(And WHY didn't Dicker tell the Parrs that Jack-Jack had powers? He interviewed Cari (who needs to have a series where she runs a super-baby-sitting service), so he knew. You'd think he'd have mentioned it.)

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
(And WHY didn't Dicker tell the Parrs that Jack-Jack had powers? He interviewed Cari (who needs to have a series where she runs a super-baby-sitting service), so he knew. You'd think he'd have mentioned it.)

We never knew when the interview happened or how Dicker knew about Jack-Jack's powers.

Bob and Helen might have remembered after Incredibles 2 that Cari left tons of panicked voicemails and put two and two together, then called Dicker.

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Saw it today. If I give the original an A (and I do) I’d give this a B-.

It was entertaining, but I thought unevenly paced. First third was super exposition-heavy. I never really felt surprised; predictable villian. Also, the previous film’s video release and its short “Jack-Jack Attack” spoiled what would’ve been a solid delight in seeing the baby’s powers for the first time.

Alas, I think Pixar’s glory days are dead may they RIP. Killed by a mouse.

ValerieJane

Registered
Reaction score

It was entertaining, but I thought unevenly paced. First third was super exposition-heavy. I never really felt surprised; predictable villian. Also, the previous film’s video release and its short “Jack-Jack Attack” spoiled what would’ve been a solid delight in seeing the baby’s powers for the first time.

I agree completely. I felt like there was too much going on. Too many different threads that didn't quite add up in the end. I was very confused by the whole "Jack-Jack has powers?!" thing because we had seen Jack-Jack Attack so it was obvious to us. That dramatic irony didn't land.

Bao was so sweet, though.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Alas, I think Pixar’s glory days are dead may they RIP. Killed by a mouse.

I agree completely. I felt like there was too much going on. Too many different threads that didn't quite add up in the end. I was very confused by the whole "Jack-Jack has powers?!" thing because we had seen Jack-Jack Attack so it was obvious to us. That dramatic irony didn't land.

I'm thinking that because of the timing of this movie, which takes place like seconds after the ending of the first, Dicker interviewed Cari before or after Tony and because of her being so unhinged, might have dismissed her claims as the ramblings of a crazy teenager and/or was under no obligation to say anything to Bob and Helen unless Jack-Jack was in danger (speaking from real life experience there, having reported issues to supervisors at The Day Job™).

Or, as has usually happened between movies, the Continuity Fairies were out having a beer when they were needed.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I really enjoyed it, and was glad that Elastigirl and Violet's stories were center stage.

Then I went to a McDonald's to get a Diet Coke and saw the big Incredibles 2/Happy Meals poster art - with Mr. Incredible and Dash front and center, and the female characters in the background.

Sigh.