Former member, returning anew

AverageJane

Registered
Reaction score
Website
theumbrellalife.com
Hello all! What feels like many decades ago, but in reality was probably only about 6 years ago, I used to participate on these very forums! I've either blocked out my former username, or become too old to remember it. So now I'm AverageJane.

I've been writing since I was a teenager, but really became serious about ten years ago. The thing that started me off was a book I read that so infuriated me with it's story that I grabbed an old notebook and started madly scribbling. 3 notebooks later, helplessly hooked on my own story, I pretty much scribbled away on everything that resembled paper - receipts, unrolled sticker sticks (I had a 4 year old at the time, and you'd be amazed how much you can write on those things when you're stuck in the car because he's fallen asleep and the first rule of parenting is never wake the baby!). I actively wrote for a few years through international moves, a second child, an insane dog, and lots of long nights.

It's been a few years since I've felt inspired again (for lots of boring life reasons), but recently, I started hearing these voices (please tell me you all hear voices too, right?) These characters who are talking to me seriously will not leave me alone. They are in the car while I'm driving, while I'm taking a shower, while I'm supposed to be making dinner. They don't ever leave. The best way to get rid of them is to write, so that's why I'm here again.

I'm writing. It's wonderful, and scary, and I feel maybe hopeful that there's something there.

Either way I have definitely missed being a part of the community here (where else can you tell people you hear voices and they they go YES! ME TOO!)

So HI. I'm Andrea, in Seattle, with 2 kids (one who is going to be a senior next year :Shrug: ) an insane mini-dachshund, and the voices in my head.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Andrea

I've found your previous account, and PM'd you.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back

Denevius

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Greetings, Andrea in Seattle, and welcome back to AW!

Melody

Writer of MG, YA and Adult
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back! The two kids and dogs explains your absence, I'm guessing ;)

ryoungwrites

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, AverageJane!

My story is quite similar to yours, being a previous member of the board having come back, recently inspired to listen to the voices again, living with two kids and a crazy dog! No wonder we write. We may be a bit loony! :)