Debut Novel Releases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord_Champion

Registered
Reaction score
I got signed with Owl Hollow Press for a 3-book deal last April. Two weeks before getting offered a contract with them, another publisher had sent me a pretty bad rejection (well, this has been the worst I've had), and at that point I almost gave up writing. I'd had about 100 rejections before this one. Here it is:

"Plot is pretty interesting and could be done well. The execution is just not quite there. The story is not entirely novel - a son wants to escape a powerful father who is trying to force religious beliefs upon him. Son is imprisoned and plans to escape with the help of a benevolent stranger. There are some interesting elements, however, that could be teased out. The question is whether it is worth the editing this manuscript would require. My instinct is that it would not. It is not bad, by any means. However, I do not imagine this one will stick out above the rest."

Thankfully, I didn't give up. Yesterday, my novel released. It seems to be doing well out of the gate - a lot of people are getting it. I even have a few reviews already up on Amazon and Goodreads.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1945654120/?tag=absowrit-20
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/36055975-golden-skies?ac=1&from_search=true

But what really made yesterday a fabulous day was one of the biggest local news agencies in my hometown did an extensive interview! It was amazing!
http://whnt.com/2018/06/12/alabama-am-senior-earns-trilogy-book-deal/

I've also been on numerous Hispanic news agencies as well. There's a strong chance I'll even be on Univision which is a national news agency! I feel really happy. I don't know how far this will go, but I'll do my damned best to push it forward.

Bacchus

Registered
Reaction score
Heartiest congratulations - livin' the dream!
:partyguy:

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Here's to never giving up!

Congratulations. :hooray:

WGough

Registered
Reaction score
Here's to never letting the bastards get you down! Congratulations. :hooray:

Banjo152

Registered
Reaction score
What a fantastic story! Gives me hope that my novel will one day see the light of day too. It takes real courage and fortitude to persevere, congratulations!

Serddar

Registered
Reaction score
Reading stories as this one is always inspirational. Congratulations and good luck in the future! Best wishes. :hooray:

CJMatthewson

Registered
Reaction score
Well done! All the best writers are rejected plenty of times, just like the best drivers are those who have to re-take their test (an explanation as to why I am a terrible driver). I'm so glad you never gave up.

Status
Not open for further replies.