UGH! the dreaded intro...

DarbyC

Registered
Reaction score

Hey guys,

I'm DarbyC, and I am thrilled to see how active this site is! I came here with a simple research question, not realizing that there was a veritable online city at work here. This is going to be a fun place to explore!

So for some stats and details about me.

I am from the Deep South. So if you need info on how to make great sweet tea, what 'real' BBQ is, do we all really talk with ridiculous drawls and the such, I'm your girl!

Reading? My reading taste is as varied as my musical taste. I am a huge Stephen King fan from old, and love reading Dean Koontz, Preston & Childs, and the like when I get the chance. I love reading a good romance, leaning towards romantic suspense (which is what I write). I have wayyyyy too many books scattered all over the big farmhouse I call home: on shelves, stacked on my hope chests, stacked on the floor, packed into baskets, etc. I am working on obtaining hard back copies of all of the OUTLANDER books (I will be looking throughout the forums to find the Outlander tribe, I know there has to be one...)

Writing? I have been telling stories since I was a kid. In 7th grade my English teacher (Ms Merck) told me she knew I was going to be a writer. I had an ongoing serial story going in a notebook that got passed around in class every week. That was when my first real 'hero' character came into being. I wrote various versions of his story for years, and I still have a notebook in my wardrobe about him. I don't think I will ever publish his story, as I am keeping him all to myself!

I have published a lot of confessions stories: as a matter of fact, every single story I submitted to the 'Trues' were accepted and published. I have not finished a novel as of yet, although I have several in rough draft. I get distracted easily, and my goal for this year is to knuckle down and get a draft finished.

That's a little about me. Can't wait to dig in to everything this site has to offer!
~DarbyC

FlameMaster5

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, DarbyC! ^^

You know, I really feel ya there - I get distracted so easily sometimes. I've been working on a book since I was a kid myself, and you know what?
I've thought about it every single day... Multiple times a day... And still only have bullet points and my ideas, some so solidified that it's scary...
But no full chapter just written out. D:

Makes me sad inside. T_T

But after seeing people work here, struggling through the muck and mire of their thoughts, I think I found a place to be at peace.
Just knowing you're not alone. It's nice. :3

So welcome again! May we all find what we're searching for!

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

You found an awesome community with very supportive people. Lots to explore, indeed!

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations on your publications. Ms. Merck was spot on.

:welcome: to the club. :greenie

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW, best of luck getting your draft finished.