Assassin's Creed: Odyssey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
https://kotaku.com/everything-we-learned-about-assassin-s-creed-odyssey-af-1826721186

I was already excited about this, but now I'm positively thrilled. Along with building on what worked in Origins, Ubi is doubling down on the RPG elements and adding in dialogue choices & branching quests, romances, and the ability to pick your character (everyone's gonna want to be super-cool Sparta lady Kassandra, I'm calling it). Along with a lot of other stuff I'm pretty happy about, I don't know how they somehow got EVERYTHING (or close to it) I've wanted into an AC game, but that's what Odyssey sounds like. AC is a mixed bag, some installments deliver, some don't, but I feel like this is a good example of a dev listening to their fanbase and genuinely working to improve & expand the series. YMMV, there's also a lot of 'throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks'. But I'm very pleased at what I'm hearing for far, and, hey, Ancient Greece!

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
I would've preferred Rome, but I'm thrilled all the same. I hope the in-game database returns.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Me too, but Brotherhood was so dang good I sorta don't think they can top it. I mean, you get to punch the Pope! I suspect they're trying to recapture the magic of the Ezio Trilogy, which, IMHO, they're doing (playing Origins right now, my fav of the series). I'll bet they're going to Ancient Babylon next.

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
For the first time ever, I'm honestly excited and might probably play an Assassin's Creed game. Tried the very first one, long long ago when it first came out, and found the framework story and whatnot confounding. But Kassandra is just too cute and, well ... *gestures in Bioware's general direction* I've got a big hole of single player RPGs that let me play as a woman to fill.

Ubisoft really had me with all the Spartan kicks and lady kisses. :flag:

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
*gestures in Bioware's general direction* I've got a big hole of single player RPGs that let me play as a woman to fill.

Well, with the dialogue choices and romances, it seems they're learning from Bioware, which sounds real good.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Well, with the dialogue choices and romances, it seems they're learning from Bioware, which sounds real good.

I know, right. I still play AC to jump off buildings and shiv people in picturesque locations, but a little can go a long way way with adding these choices.

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
maybe they see the successes of Quantic Dream's Detroit Become Human?

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
So excited for this one! (helps that I am not only Greek but also practically Spartan (actually the next area over, but hey)) So happy to pick a gender and have romances.

I feel like AC took a turn playing Dragon Age, and I am here for this.

Frankie007

Registered
Reaction score
if anyone wants to watch gameplay.... RadBrad has a few vids up (and it seems like one of the creators/producers of the game was sitting next to him telling him stuff, so that's cool)

Status
Not open for further replies.