❤ I think I found my tribe! D: :3 ❤

FlameMaster5

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all~! ^^

I'm FM5, or also my real name is Bree, and I am very pleased to be surrounding myself with like-minded individuals! (If not a little intimidated! Seriously, I don't think I've ever seen this many people online anywhere. EVER. So, this whole 'intro' is going to be a little shaky. XD)

I'm a Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT) and work some retail still at a Ross Dress For Less by day, and I'm a gamer, artist and most importantly writer by night...
Or by any other time I can get to myself.
Busy bee, busy Bree. XD

So, what brings me here?
Honestly? Depression.

I have been writing since I was young and even grew up writing alongside others on my own forum for years.
But now... We're all adults. We have busy lives. It's hard to find time to reconnect and share our works, if they even are working on anything at all.

I found myself lost in so much loneliness these past few days. I enjoy the quiet of my home - I live alone - to have no distractions while I write, but it seemed the quiet was getting...LOUD. I realized after I would make my snippets of writing for the day(s) that I'd look back over it, smile, and then just sigh because I knew I had no one to share it with.

No one to ask questions. Or bounce ideas off with.
Hell, even a criticism would be inviting every now and then.

But there's been NO ONE.

And then I started typing in 'Forums For Writer's' in Google, and sure enough came up a site that referenced so many forums...
And AW was the first mentioned. ^^

So, here I am. Fresh and new.

I've already read over some SYW threads, checked in on a few other topics here and there.
Gotta admit, my first thought on all this was, 'Omg, look at all these critics, I'll be eaten alive!'
But then I kept looking and noticed that, really, everyone is pretty nice. And helpful.

And as a writer... I rather someone be honest than just smile, nod, and pat me on the hand as if I'm a crazy person.
I mean, I KNOW I'm crazy already, so... XD

Anyhoo...
I'll be pleased to look around, view other works, share, and the like.
And maaaaaaybe I'll muster up the courage to share some in-progress work(s). ^^

FJaneH

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Bree! I'm pretty new here, too, and trying to find my footing, but so far I'm finding this to be the most supportive writing community I've encountered. Welcome!

Denevius

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Well, if nothing else, your intro was fun and engaging to read. I’m sure you’ll fit in fine.

Bree, welcome to AW!

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Pardon me, Roy, is that the cat-who-ate-your-new-shoes?

No, it's the Chattanooga choo-choo . . . well . . . Chattanooga FlameMaster, anyway.

:welcome:!

DarbyC

Registered
Reaction score
Hey girl!

Love your intro! I think you have definitely come to the 'write' place! Folks around here are friendly and helpful, and you will definitely get some feedback on your writing, once you have met that requisite 50 posts requirement.

DarbyC

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

FlameMaster5

Registered
Reaction score
Pardon me, Roy, is that the cat-who-ate-your-new-shoes?

No, it's the Chattanooga choo-choo . . . well . . . Chattanooga FlameMaster, anyway.

:welcome:!

That's right, Chattanooga. ;]
Home to this wandering gal...that hopes to never wander again. XD
(Lived in waaaaaay too many places. I'm a Breetree, I like to plant my roots and stay awhile. ^^)

Oh, and why thank you, DarbyC! Never believed myself to be good at my introductions, as I've not had that many to make in my life.
Can't count interviews - that's all very forced and on the spot. ^^'
(And I see you like puns. We'll be very good friends. :D)

I'm actually looking forward to sharing. I mean, even though what written works I have are not perfect, I think I can still elicit responses of intrigue and possibly humor amongst a few (hopefully). I think I may be more interested to see what kind of people I would attract - like, what audience would be most interested perhaps.
I like to write anywhere in the spectrum of fantasy to sci-fi, and usually they intertwine, sometimes without my own noticing at first. XD

Truly, your work and characters take a life all their own... ;]

FlameMaster5

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome!

I've found in-person writing critique groups to be tremendously supportive too, great group of people. I have a few here in Southern California.

There's at least one in Chattanooga:

https://www.meetup.com/Writing-Worlds-of-Chattanooga/

Oh, wow... Thank you, Patty!
I've actually been wondering about in-person groups as well, and I just hadn't found what felt like 'the right group' yet.
But looking over this website... I think I may be willing to give it a try.

As much as I love online interaction and it makes sharing work fast and simple... Honestly, I think I really needed this, too.
I need to see people and talk to them about ideas and really feel myself come alive. Because we all have our masks we wear in our normal day-to-day lives but when it comes off that's when you really get what you get, and that's when we write, when we really SHINE!

I feel like the real me has been in hiding.
And it's killing me. Slowly, but it is.

Loke1997

Registered
Reaction score
Hello! I saw from your profile you like writing sci-fi. Hopefully I'll get to read some of your work!

FlameMaster5

Registered
Reaction score
Hello to you, Loke! :D

YES! I absolutely love fantasy and sci-fi genres. I even love playing video games and listening to music that puts me in connection with those themes.
I dunno what it is I like about fantasy/sci-fi so much, but I DO! :3

Maybe it's the escape from the norm?
Maybe it's the escape entirely! D:

Either way, looking forward to sharing and hopefully you'll like what you see! ^^

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
Salutations Bree, welcome to AW. :welcome: