comparing titles

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
I have a lovely - but frustrating - problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

One of my rhyming picture books has been contracted with a publisher. I'm thrilled about this, but totally new to the experience. They have asked that I compare my book to others published within the last five years or so. I haven't a clue how to go about this. I've searched on Barnes & Noble, Amazon, Goodreads, etc., and can't find anything that I see as a good comparison. I've typed in every keyword I can think of to find something. Zilch. Zero. Nada.

The story reminds me a bit of Pooh Bear, or something by Mo Willems, but I'm not going to presume to compare my work with either.

So is there a source out there, or a secret I haven't figured out, that could help? I guess I need to ask them if they want books that rhyme, or simply books about make-believe, or a similar storyline.

Thanks so much if you can offer anything.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm, maybe you're trying to be too on the nose? Maybe make it broader. For example, something like: Those who like whimsical fantasy tales similar to xx, xx, and xx.