FOX News Calls It

Kwitshadie

Registered
Reaction score
That's the most minimal math you can do. Realistically, I'd bet there isn't a single parent of a Korean War soldier alive today who is younger than 105. How many 105-year-old people do you know?

But Bone Spurs has been hearing from a lot of these parents. Which means . . . ?

caw

Yep, not very many. However Trump has been asked since the 80’s to become president. I’m guessing Trump is recollecting to back then.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Yep, not very many. However Trump has been asked since the 80’s to become president. I’m guessing Trump is recollecting to back then.

My grandfather fought in the Korean War. He died in 1978.

I'm guessing That Orange Person did what he always does: made up something he thought would play to his base, and didn't give it a bit of thought past that.

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com

That's a very generous assessment! I'm guessing he's just lying his face off about it, exactly as he lies about everything else, and his voter base either doesn't care or doesn't think. (Or possibly both.)

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
That's the most minimal math you can do. Realistically, I'd bet there isn't a single parent of a Korean War soldier alive today who is younger than 105. How many 105-year-old people do you know?

But Bone Spurs has been hearing from a lot of these parents. Which means . . . ?

caw
They are haunting him! :evil Maybe this explains some of his dubious actions? Guy hasn't had an undisturbed night's sleep in years. (Even if there were a 'sympathy' emoji, I wouldn't use it.)

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com

caw

He’s lying his fool head off, same as always.

Kwitshadie

Registered
Reaction score
My grandfather fought in the Korean War. He died in 1978.

I'm guessing That Orange Person did what he always does: made up something he thought would play to his base, and didn't give it a bit of thought past that.

You might be right then, I was mostly going by my AncestryDNA family tree. I am going to take this as a compliment. I don’t mean to brag but if you look at my Ancestry.com family tree my Ancestors predominately live until they are in their 80’s-90’s; making my earlier guess possible. Politically I’m giving Trump the benefit of the doubt until the judge proves him guilty of any crime.
As a side note, I don’t seem to find a Politifact.com article stating “Trump: Korean War Gold-star Parents:”Please rebury my son”. Fox News could be fibbing.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score

caw

45 can see dead people?

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
You might be right then, I was mostly going by my AncestryDNA family tree. I am going to take this as a compliment. I don’t mean to brag but if you look at my Ancestry.com family tree my Ancestors predominately live until they are in their 80’s-90’s; making my earlier guess possible. Politically I’m giving Trump the benefit of the doubt until the judge proves him guilty of any crime.
As a side note, I don’t seem to find a Politifact.com article stating “Trump: Korean War Gold-star Parents:”Please rebury my son”. Fox News could be fibbing.

Good grief. How much benefit of the doubt does he need?

And, yeah, Fox News is not exactly the most reliable source.

Kwitshadie

Registered
Reaction score
Good grief. How much benefit of the doubt does he need?

And, yeah, Fox News is not exactly the most reliable source.

I’m waiting to see if either Kim Jung Un turns his back on America or if Trump arrests my coworkers for working at the City of Seattle; just because Seattle is a Sanctuary city. I have room to escape since I have an Afternoon job if the latter becomes true.

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
I’m waiting to see if either Kim Jung Un turns his back on America or if Trump arrests my coworkers for working at the City of Seattle; just because Seattle is a Sanctuary city. I have room to escape since I have an Afternoon job if the latter becomes true.

Have you seen all the other stuff?

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
North Korea was from 1950-1953. Age of consent and joining the army is 18 years old, if you do the math say a Soldier joins the fight in January 1953. You have to be at least 36 years old to be a parent of a soldier; born in 1917 and now would be 101 years old.

I give -- why would you have to be at least 36 to be a parent of a soldier?

Dude. He can't recollect five minutes ago. I'm guessing he made it up because he thought it sounded good -- same as he's been making shit up wholesale since the '80s. Just ask Trump spokesperson John Miller.

Turns his back on America? What does that mean?

Kwitshadie

Registered
Reaction score
I give -- why would you have to be at least 36 to be a parent of a soldier?
Point taken, I suppose Step-Parents would get a leeway. I explained my reasoning in the quote ^_^

Dude. He can't recollect five minutes ago. I'm guessing he made it up because he thought it sounded good -- same as he's been making shit up wholesale since the '80s. Just ask Trump spokesperson John Miller.

Turns his back on America? What does that mean?

I’ll take your word on that part, I’ve never seen Trump up close since he’s never been welcomed in Seattle. I’m not so concerned about Trump as much as I’m concerned about Kim Jung Un. North Korea was really quick to reach out in friendship to America, I’m concerned that Trump is being a little too naive.

Have you seen all the other stuff?

What kind of stuff do you have in mind?

Kwitshadie

Registered
Reaction score
Are you trolling?

I’m actually being quite honest here and was not trying to troll. Sorry if it sound like I’m trolling, perhaps we can get to the same page. :/

UPDATE:Reading the past threads to get a clear picture.

Last edited:

cornflake

Registered
Reaction score
Point taken, I suppose Step-Parents would get a leeway. I explained my reasoning in the quote ^_^

Sorry, I went back and re-read it and still don't understand why someone would have to be 36 to be the parent?

I’ll take your word on that part, I’ve never seen Trump up close since he’s never been welcomed in Seattle. I’m not so concerned about Trump as much as I’m concerned about Kim Jung Un. North Korea was really quick to reach out in friendship to America, I’m concerned that Trump is being a little too naive.

He wasn't quick to reach out in friendship. First, he put up with an idiot calling him playground names, then, as he has for years, he said he'd discuss things, then Trump apparently learned Kim was a brutal dictator and decided they were pals and should meet. Naive is giving him too much credit. He met Kim, bowed to a NK general, gave up things and got absolutely nothing in return -- yet thinks he did something good.

Kwitshadie

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, I went back and re-read it and still don't understand why someone would have to be 36 to be the parent?

He wasn't quick to reach out in friendship. First, he put up with an idiot calling him playground names, then, as he has for years, he said he'd discuss things, then Trump apparently learned Kim was a brutal dictator and decided they were pals and should meet. Naive is giving him too much credit. He met Kim, bowed to a NK general, gave up things and got absolutely nothing in return -- yet thinks he did something good.

Kim has been a brutal dictator since he took office in 2011. Kim has been threatening to “nuke America” for years. How can Trump learn that Kim is a brutal dictator just now? :/ If that is true then I wonder if Trump was colluding with North Korea; it might be a conspiracy theory at this point but Kim Jung Un’s threats to America have been repeated for years. Why learn that Kim is a Dictator now?

You make a good point and I’m now suspicious.

cornflake

Registered
Reaction score
Kim has been a brutal dictator since he took office in 2011. Kim has been threatening to “nuke America” for years. How can Trump learn that Kim is a brutal dictator just now? :/ If that is true then I wonder if Trump was colluding with North Korea; it might be a conspiracy theory at this point but Kim Jung Un’s threats to America have been repeated for years. Why learn that Kim is a Dictator now?

Because Trump is an ignoramus with zero interest in most things outside himself. He didn't know health care was complex. He didn't know Lincoln was a Republican, or that the Korean War ended. He doesn't know a lot.

He doesn't know how the government works.

He doesn't know you can't enter the country and somehow take advantage of DACA.

He doesn't know NASA is currently operational, or that there are people in space, perpetually.

He doesn't know no one has been president of the U.S. for 16 years.

He doesn't know what a blind trust is, but neither do any of his moronic children. He doesn't know he's a terrible businessman. He is ignorance personified.

Kwitshadie

Registered
Reaction score
Because Trump is an ignoramus with zero interest in most things outside himself. He didn't know health care was complex. He didn't know Lincoln was a Republican, or that the Korean War ended. He doesn't know a lot.

He doesn't know how the government works.

He doesn't know you can't enter the country and somehow take advantage of DACA.

He doesn't know NASA is currently operational, or that there are people in space, perpetually.

He doesn't know no one has been president of the U.S. for 16 years.

He doesn't know what a blind trust is, but neither do any of his moronic children. He doesn't know he's a terrible businessman. He is ignorance personified.

Thanks for the links, I will look after them ^_^

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com

I suspect the assumption is that most people are at least 18 before they become parents, and most soldiers are at least 18. Of course there were plenty of teen parents back then, probably more than there are now statistically (and there are still a decent number of teen parents, even now).

My husband's step dad was in the Korean War as a young man, and he's in his 80s. His mom died some years ago, but she wouldn't have begged #45 for anything, and she'd probably be pretty disgusted if she'd lived to see him become POTUS.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Cornflake provided a lot of good examples of Trump being late to the party. Don't forget the whole Canada burning down the White House thing, too, which I've known since I was 10 years old. That one makes me laugh more so than the others do.

Relative to Kim, Trump also has a pattern of railing against his enemies, until he decides they are aces in his book and they can do no wrong. Or the reverse where he has full confidence in someone just days before tweeting, backstabbing or firing someone. These examples call to mind schoolyard bullies who torment their targets then, either in a fit of true remorse or just to look good, decide to be friends just because the bully decides to be friends (and woe to the target if the friendship offer is rejected). The sudden realization of well-known facts as urgent and newsworthy is, I think, a symptom of the same shortsidedness and focus only on what the person knows. Narcissism, in a word.

cornflake

Registered
Reaction score
I gotta say 'we're going to reopen NASA' and go to space, was the highlight for me this week. That's the best one since he reanimated Frederick Douglass.

I love picturing the thousands of people working at NASA and the people on the ISS hearing it and being all 'we're closed? Why am I here at my desk?' 'If I'm not in space then...I mean they told me I was going to space; is this like that old Twilight Zone episode? Where am I!?'

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
These examples call to mind schoolyard bullies who torment their targets then, either in a fit of true remorse or just to look good, decide to be friends just because the bully decides to be friends (and woe to the target if the friendship offer is rejected).
Fixed.

I gotta say 'we're going to reopen NASA' and go to space, was the highlight for me this week.
o_O

I'm sure there are plenty of happy out-of-work space engineers out there.

-cb

Last edited:

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Politically I’m giving Trump the benefit of the doubt until the judge proves him guilty of any crime.

If you're still willing to give him that benefit, you haven't been paying attention. The man has a long, documented history of being a congenital liar.

Just for example.