FOX News Calls It

Hoplite

Return of the Coffee Shield
Registered
Reaction score
Like the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party meme, they think the leopards are only going to eat the other guy's face, and they're very much in favor of other people having their faces eaten.

...am I bad person if I vote for that party?

Completely unrelated: I think the White House should eat more steak. Lots and lots of steak. So much so that it reeks of animal meat.

*goes in search of a "Unleash the Leopards!" meme*

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This meeting was little more than a publicity stunt for both leaders. Each will go home and declare victory and how they have saved their country from the other. Trump will have his sycophants endlessly lobby for him to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, which is why he staged this farce to begin with.

On a separate note. How nice for Rodman to use this so-called summit for his crying cryptocurrency commercial.

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Apparently it wasn't.

Despite standing at the podium claiming he made no concessions, Trump apparently agreed to cease joint US/SK military exercises -- without, btw, mentioning this to SK, which is now saying 'excuse me? Wtf just happened?'

My favourite part of the press conference (besides the rambling, not answering questions, sounding like he has no idea what's happening, because he doesn't...) was Trump explaining how he showed Kim a video on an ipad of a modern city (with trains!) to show what NK could be like, to Kim's amazement, he implies. Kim Jong Un, the guy who was educated in Switzerland, is better-educated and traveled than Trump, was amazed to see trains. They have trains in NK! They have cities! Does Trump think they live in huts, like the people from 'shithole countries'? He went to school in the west, you dotard.

I don't even know.

Update! Apparently no one mentioned this to the U.S. military either, who are also all, 'wait, what?' and say:

BREAKING: US Forces in Korea says has received no updated guidance on execution or cessation of training exercises after Trump remarks. "In coordination with our ROK artners, we will continue with our current military posture until we receive updated guidance"

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Un has a private bulletproof train.

Link

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Heh; I was half asleep at the time, but it did later occur to me that NK has, you know, modern cities with transport and such. Didn't know about his cool train! Bet Trump would order one if he found out.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

My favourite part of the press conference (besides the rambling, not answering questions, sounding like he has no idea what's happening, because he doesn't...) was Trump explaining how he showed Kim a video on an ipad of a modern city (with trains!) to show what NK could be like, to Kim's amazement, he implies. Kim Jong Un, the guy who was educated in Switzerland, is better-educated and traveled than Trump, was amazed to see trains. They have trains in NK! They have cities! Does Trump think they live in huts, like the people from 'shithole countries'? He went to school in the west, you dotard.

I posted a link to that video in the NK thread. It has to be seen to be believed.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Lil' Kim may not be the greatest dictator in history, but I think we can put an end to characterizations that he's crazy or excessively incompetent. Cuz where I'm standing, it looks like he played Trump pretty competently. Of course, that isn't hard if you're the leader of an authoritarian gov't.

Last edited:

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Lil' Kim may not be the greatest dictator in history, but I think we can put an end to characterizations that he's crazy or excessively incompetent. Cuz where I'm standing, it looks like he played Trump pretty competently. Of course, that isn't hard if you're the leader of an authoritarian gov't.

Precisely.

More experience, some semblance of long-term planning skills and self-awareness (as opposed to certain impulse-driven leaders who can be dazzled by the slightest stroke of an ego or jingle of coins)... no contest.

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
I'm honestly surprised the meeting actually happened.

But does this open the door to give NK a reason to go back to war? Either over the fact that Trump apparently signed a paper with promises he has no intent to keep, or the withdrawal of US forces from SK which was the biggest deterrent to NK invading? Seems like it's kind of a win-win for Kim.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
I don't see NK going to war necessarily, but this plays right into Un's hands if he wants to. NK's policy has always been to act crazy as a way to milk aid and concessions out of larger powers, act crazy some more, and then agree to stop acting crazy in exchange for more aid and concessions. Then repeat. Un is doing his forebearers proud here, adding a whole new angle Il-Sung and Jong-Il could never have dreamt of.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
I'm honestly surprised the meeting actually happened.

But does this open the door to give NK a reason to go back to war? Either over the fact that Trump apparently signed a paper with promises he has no intent to keep, or the withdrawal of US forces from SK which was the biggest deterrent to NK invading? Seems like it's kind of a win-win for Kim.

Kind of? Is. Definitely, unequivocally, and by design is.

And of course it happened. Putin and/or China had too much riding on the propaganda outcome alone for it not to happen... especially on the heels of G7. (Somewhere, I read someone observing that they'd seen America in freefall for a while, but it never occurred to them that someone would just take the stick and drive it into the ground like this.)

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
I think we can put an end to characterizations that he's crazy or excessively incompetent.
Of course, if you don't want to look crazy or excessively incompetent, it helps to stand real close to Trump, so people can compare.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thousands of parents of Korean War dead asked Trump on the campaign trail to bring their sons' remains home when he would be president. Those thousands of parents who appealed to then candidate Trump are ranging in age from about 120 years to 130 years old.

Link

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
Thousands of parents of Korean War dead asked Trump on the campaign trail to bring their sons' remains home when he would be president. Those thousands of parents who appealed to then candidate Trump are ranging in age from about 120 years to 130 years old.

Link

What a ridiculous man he is.

Norman Mjadwesch

vacuous eyes, will bark at shadows
Registered
Reaction score
Seriously, if the world is not a pile of smoking ashes at the end of his second (!) term, there will be a very strong case to make that all organised forms of government are entirely unnecessary. If we can survive the Random King, then it stands to reason that we can withstand anything else that doesn't make any sense.

OMG, my heart goes out to all Americans who did not want this man elected. Of course, my heart also goes out to everyone else on the face of the planet who had no input into it at all. I've heard of bombing people back to the stone age, but voting them back to the stone age is a truly weird concept.

Last edited:

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trump saved the world from a North Korean nuclear disaster except when it's convenient to fear monger because that gives 45 more official powers:

WhiteHouse: Notice Regarding the Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to North Korea
The existence and risk of proliferation of weapons-usable fissile material on the Korean Peninsula and the actions and policies of the Government of North Korea continue to pose an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security, foreign policy, and economy of the United States. For this reason, the national emergency declared in Executive Order 13466, expanded in scope in Executive Order 13551, addressed further in Executive Order 13570, further expanded in scope in Executive Order 13687, and under which additional steps were taken in Executive Order 13722 and Executive Order 13810, and the measures taken to deal with that national emergency, must continue in effect beyond June 26, 2018. Therefore, in accordance with section 202(d) of the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1622(d)), I am continuing for 1 year the national emergency with respect to North Korea declared in Executive Order 13466.
:Wha:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Shocked I tell you, I'm just shocked

Jolly-Boo

Please, call me Boo
Registered
Reaction score
I feel so sorry for South Korea, having to follow the whims of it's stupid ally.

Kwitshadie

Registered
Reaction score

Link

North Korea was from 1950-1953. Age of consent and joining the army is 18 years old, if you do the math say a Soldier joins the fight in January 1953. You have to be at least 36 years old to be a parent of a soldier; born in 1917 and now would be 101 years old.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
North Korea was from 1950-1953. Age of consent and joining the army is 18 years old, if you do the math say a Soldier joins the fight in January 1953. You have to be at least 36 years old to be a parent of a soldier; born in 1917 and now would be 101 years old.

That's the most minimal math you can do. Realistically, I'd bet there isn't a single parent of a Korean War soldier alive today who is younger than 105. How many 105-year-old people do you know?

But Bone Spurs has been hearing from a lot of these parents. Which means . . . ?

caw