New project: 23 chapters in 23 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReeWritesBooks

Registered
Reaction score
I got an idea for a novel back in 2016. Planned everything out in a single day because I was so excited about it, but I abandoned it after chapter 5. I recently got the urge to restart it, but I want to challenge myself this time. I'm going to write all 23 chapters in 23 weeks. I set some ground rules:

1) The week is strictly Sunday to Saturday.

2) If I finish a chapter early, I can't start working on the next one until the next Sunday. The rest of the week is for perfecting that week's chapter.

3) I'm not allowed to go back and edit any previous chapters until the entire book is complete.

Week one's chapter got amazing feedback from my beta readers. I finished the chapter by Tuesday and got 99% positive feedback throughout the rest of the week. I'm hoping I'll be able to keep that up. Today marks the start of week two. Wish me luck!

LadyRedRover

Registered
Reaction score
Good luck! I'd say you have a pretty solid plan in place :) Just be sure to add some rewards to go along with it, since you're looking at about half a year's worth of work. It'll be tough but 100% worth it at the end!

Svader

Registered
Reaction score
That sounds like a great and realistic goal! Good luck. You'll have to keep us updated as to how your project is going.

FJaneH

Registered
Reaction score
This is a great goal, and I love that you wrote it down to hold yourself accountable. I wish you all the luck and positive creative vibes!

WGough

Registered
Reaction score
Solid plan. Totally doable. Good luck, and keep us posted on your progress.

tom.gtm

Registered
Reaction score
That sounds like a pretty easy to handle plan. What are the average lengths of the chapters?

Last edited:

alkin

Registered
Reaction score
Rooting for you here! I'm not so sure about the never looking back policy, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.