New charges against Manafort

SWest

In the garden...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
This illustrates perfectly well why the rats have been clinging to the ship, desperately blowing into the sails. They have no choice.

I sort of feel like International Criminal Court is our only hope at this point...

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yup, I've always maintained the reason the Republicans have done nothing about Trump and have blocked the Russia investigation at every turn, is they are in it just neck deep as Trump.

KIEV, Ukraine — A month before Donald Trump clinched the Republican nomination, one of his closest allies in Congress — House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy — made a politically explosive assertion in a private conversation on Capitol Hill with his fellow GOP leaders: that Trump could be the beneficiary of payments from Russian President Vladimir Putin.

“There’s two people I think Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump,” McCarthy (R-Calif.) said, according to a recording of the June 15, 2016, exchange, which was listened to and verified by The Washington Post. Rep. Dana Rohrabacher is a Californian Republican known in Congress as a fervent defender of Putin and Russia.

Link

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yup, I've always maintained the reason the Republicans have done nothing about Trump and have blocked the Russia investigation at every turn, is they are in it just neck deep as Trump.

Link

The article is pay-walled for me, but was this the incident where Paul Ryan told the legislators to shut up?

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That sound you just heard was the staff writers and cast of Saturday Night Live having a group orgasm over the day's developments.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trump was high on his rally. Fans are still yelling, "lock her up". Just wait to see that hangover he wakes up with.

talktidy

Registered
Reaction score
I find Manafort's conviction reassuring.

In this black is white and up is down political world, there appears to be some logic left, even if the jury were dead-locked on some counts.

kikazaru

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
I find Manafort's conviction reassuring.

In this black is white and up is down political world, there appears to be some logic left, even if the jury were dead-locked on some counts.

I agree.

This ride has not been partisan politics as usual. Even before Trump was elected (racial remarks, pussy tapes, mocking a disabled reporter, derogatory nicknames, asking Russia to investigate Hillary's emails etc. etc. ETC.!!) it's been behaviour so outside the norm of civilized boundaries that rational people kept thinking each time was an anomaly, or surely his followers would see that this isn't right, yet he was still elected. And then, each time some new, horrifying, revelation came to light, the goal posts for normal behaviour kept shifting. Where once decorum was expected of the person occupying the highest position in the land, but now the bar has been set so low for Trump, it seems if he doesn't pee on his feet he's considered presidential.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Huh. Apparently it really did come down to one juror that led to Manafort being convicted of only eight charged instead of the full eighteen. I had thought the One MAGA Holdout was a myth (though to her credit, she did convict him on some of the charges).

Link.

Last edited:

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Huh. Apparently it really did come down to one juror that led to Manafort being convicted of only eight charged instead of the full eighteen. I had thought the One MAGA Holdout was a myth (though to her credit, she did convict him on some of the charges).

Link.

It's unfortunate they let such an obviously biased juror on the jury.

But on the bright side, after he has his second trial, with only one holdout it's likely the prosecutor will re-try him. Too bad the taxpayers have to pay so much extra because one juror was a Trump believer.