Best way to create a genealogy tree for a book?

NJDave63

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

I am writing a self-published book that requires me to insert a number of genealogy family trees. I used Microsoft Word in the past, but wondering what else is out there.

Thanks,
Dave

Norman D Gutter

Engineer Sonneteer
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
davidatodd.com
Hi NJDave:

In the genealogy book I self-published, I used MS Word to create some wide drop charts. I did the same for a couple of simple ancestor charts, but only for four generations, or for tracing four main lines. If you want to see how they came out, we can go to private message and figure out how to share them. The book is here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1514346893/?tag=absowrit-20

For my next genealogy book, which is currently in planning, I'm thinking of trying PowerPoint, putting the names in as an org chart. I don't know how that will work, but I figure it's worth a try, and perhaps much less tedious than with Word.

Of course, various genealogy software prepares such charts, but I don't use them so don't know how well they export graphic files for publication.

Best Regards,
NDG

Al X.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authoralexryan.com
It would be informative to know if the OP wishes to publish the book as an ebook. That could be a game changer. MS word is fine for POD, and ebooks without graphics, but, ebooks with graphics, not so much.