believability of orientations

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoirSuede

Running gags aren't for me
Registered
Reaction score
I apologize if this question offends you guys here, but can a character's sexual orientation be so outlandish they can't be taken seriously anymore, regardless of the setting? Just for example, in this futuristic (not quite cyberpunk, it's set in 2021 Indonesia) detective story i'm writing, the main character is a pansexual trans female crossdresser, while the villain is a lesbian non-binary incest-rights activist who has heterochromia.

Underdawg47

Registered
Reaction score
I never think of a person's orientation as being outlandish. A person's outlandish behavior comes from the character's individual personality and the cultural climate they spend time with. You can make a character as outlandish as you like, but this trait shouldn't rely on one's orientation.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
It's your futuristic universe; you decide.

Moreover, as a general principle if you have to apologize for causing offense before you ask, that's a pretty good clue that you need to re-think the question, given that there are a fair number of people today who think that being a lesbian, or liking anything other than penis-in-vagina in the missionary position is "outlandish."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.