"Mr Trump’s son should be concerned." Spanish investigators turned over recorded wiretaps to FBI

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"Mr Trump’s son should be concerned." Spanish investigators turned over recorded wiretaps to FBI

Link to Yahoo News but this is all over the usual news sites
José Grinda, who has spearheaded investigations into Spanish organized crime, said that bureau officials in recent months requested and were provided transcripts of wiretapped conversations between Torshin and Alexander Romanov, a convicted Russian money launderer. On the wiretaps, Romanov refers to Torshin as “El Padrino,” the godfather.

“Just a few months ago, the wiretaps of these telephone conversations were given to the FBI,” Grinda said in response to a question from Yahoo News during a talk he gave at the Hudson Institute, a conservative think tank in Washington. Asked if he was concerned about Torshin’s meetings with Donald Trump Jr. and other American political figures, Grinda replied: “Mr. Trump’s son should be concerned.”

:popcorn:

Larry M

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
It would be such fun to see that sleazy grin wiped off that arrogant asshole's face. Maybe this will slow down his mission to slam Democrats and kill animals for fun.

zerosystem

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I'd like to feel happy about this, but I suspect none of this really matters.

Does anyone really think that Trump or anyone in his family is going to be held accountable for anything, because I don't. It'll be in the news for a couple days, Trump will scream 'Witch Hunt' from the top of his lungs, and all this will be forgotten before the end of the week. It's not like they're criminal masterminds. A year of investigating has turned up a lot. But I don't think there's any real will to take him down for anything and this is all just for show.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
I'd like to feel happy about this, but I suspect none of this really matters.

Does anyone really think that Trump or anyone in his family is going to be held accountable for anything, because I don't. It'll be in the news for a couple days, Trump will scream 'Witch Hunt' from the top of his lungs, and all this will be forgotten before the end of the week. It's not like they're criminal masterminds. A year of investigating has turned up a lot. But I don't think there's any real will to take him down for anything and this is all just for show.

The only way they're going down, IMHO, is if their protectors (aka the No Longer Grand Old Party, or, as I refer to them, the TeaOP) go down first, leaving them unprotected.

The only ones who can take the protectors down are we the people.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We the people, and we need to vote Trump's enablers out. That's my Nov priority, Trump's impeachment is lower on the list.

I plan to start a thread identifying who they are.

Nunes is on top of the list.

Ryan has already resigned.

I'm not sure if McConnell is wavering or not but if he doesn't stand up to Trump, he's high on the list.

Last edited:

Jolly-Boo

Please, call me Boo
Registered
Reaction score
We the people, and we need to vote Trump's enablers out. That's my Nov priority, Trump's impeachment is lower on the list.

I plan to start a thread identifying who they are.

Nunes is on top of the list.

Ryan has already resigned.

I'm not sure if McConnell is wavering or not but if he doesn't stand up to Trump, he's high on the list.

Agreed. Were Trump to be impeached now, it wouldn't change much. Republicans would still be in power, Pence would be president. The most important step is first to cripple Trump. Democrats need to win back the House and the Senate. I don't live in the USA so I'm not perfectly familiar with gerrymandering, but I gather it's an issue in this regard.

The people whom Trump has given a voice need to be defeated like this.

And then you can impeached Trump.

At which point I'll start watching Fox News 24/7 eating popcorn.