A Blog Group?

mselephant2015

Registered
Reaction score
First of all, I'd like to sincerely apologise if I am accidentally duplicating something that already exists. I did have a look through the forums and couldn't see anything recent, hence why I am here. However if a similar thing already exists, please point me to it and I'll shut up and go away!

Okay, so, like many other writers, I also have a blog which I have been sporadically posting in for about six months or more. Recently I've figured out a theme for it, have rejuvenated it and am now looking for fellow writer-bloggers, whose blogs I can read and keep up with. I wondered if there were any writers with blogs out there interested in a group for us, where we could talk/review latest posts, guest-post for one another and just generally be supportive in that field.

I'm over at loladeelay.wordpress.com and I'd love to follow other writer's blogs and help out if I can. I love the communities that can build between writers with shared interests (just like here!).

Thank you! :D

Beginning Write

Registered
Reaction score
I would love to do that! I'm having trouble finding a tight-knit group and this sounds like it would be perfect! I'm in! Be patient with my baby blog (literally started about 1.5 weeks ago) I am just learning the ropes and basically posting word vomit as I go. I love your Light/Dark theme going on with yours @dimelioraL. :)

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Some general thoughts:

1. You could set up a group on AW using the Social Group option. But if I were you, I'd just use this thread. You'll get more participation.

2. One possibility is that would once a week someone would come up with a prompt that everyone could use as a jumping off point. You could alternate each week with a different perso coming up with a prompt.

3. I'm willing to help if I can.

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
This is a wonderful idea. Do you have more specifics of what you might want in reciprocity between writers and their blogs? Is genre important; i.e. are fantasy writers and romance writers going to review one another's blog?

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'd be interested as well.

ipsbishop

Registered
Reaction score
Website
toolsonlinenovel.blogspot.com
I can offer some technical help with Blogger (9 years of practice) and some with Wordpress Pro version. I do things in Blogger like wrapping text around photos and managing the inevitable widows and orphans, line spacing control and using HTML to correct wonky formatting issues.

Last edited:

mselephant2015

Registered
Reaction score
This is a wonderful idea. Do you have more specifics of what you might want in reciprocity between writers and their blogs? Is genre important; i.e. are fantasy writers and romance writers going to review one another's blog?

I'm open to any ideas and I like all genres :D

AW Admin: That's a great idea!

Beginning Write

Registered
Reaction score
I really think this is a great idea and would love to have a tight group of co-bloggers to talk with, vent to, and write with :) Also I've already been lurking around the blogs posted, so don't be surprised to find a comment or two from me :)

Maybe we can use this thread as a base of operations and set up a small Twitter group or something for the smaller updates :)

Beginning Write

Registered
Reaction score
What would everyones ideal scenario be for this group? Specifically blog critique, help, guidance? Or do people have other WIPs (novels, short stories, writings for competitions) that they would like a group for? :)

Personally, I would love both. For blogs I am seeking a group to point me to what works/does not and just in general bounce ideas off of. And for outside blogs, I would love critique partners (I don't care what genre, I do fantasy..but writing is writing and any experience/insight is beneficial) :)

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
What would everyones ideal scenario be for this group? Specifically blog critique, help, guidance? Or do people have other WIPs (novels, short stories, writings for competitions) that they would like a group for? :)

Personally, I would love both. For blogs I am seeking a group to point me to what works/does not and just in general bounce ideas off of. And for outside blogs, I would love critique partners (I don't care what genre, I do fantasy..but writing is writing and any experience/insight is beneficial) :)

I have not built my blog site yet. I am generating ideas now. I hope to do an early July rollout. If you all have something started, I'll pop in.

I like the bouncing ideas off one another suggestion, and critique of what works and does not work.... Maybe do Q&A of our own blog posts for feedback within the group. I think if people want to share what goals they have, other people can suggest what the blogger might do to steer them in that direction. Something like a mentor program.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I would suggest having something like a weekly thread with a different mission. Like start with overall critique, then new post, then....

April Days

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
This sounds intriguing. I would be interested.