ICE Now Forcing Some Immigrants To Wear Yellow Bracelets

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Two more appalling piece of information

A father and toddler son were separated for more than a year, and may in fact be US citizens. The father's whereabouts are unknown and they may never be reunited.

So now apparently all brown skinned people, living in southern border states, get to fear having their children taken from them.

The Department of Justice (DoJ) told a federal judge Tuesday that it may have mistakenly separated a father and toddler who could both be US citizens for as long as a year, in the process of enforcing the Trump administration’s “zero-tolerance” immigration policy.

Link

Second news article. The Administration is taking Federal HIV funding and using it to pay for incarcerating immigrant children

As the administration continues to house thousands of children, Slate claims the Trump administration has reallocated funds within the Department of Health and Human Services. The money is being moved from the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program to ICE and other agencies dealing with the detention of children.

Link

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
From your second link:
Mike Pence’s Dream Come True
Vice President Mike Pence, a staunch supporter of “gay cure” therapy, may have a hand in the move. Pence once said he wanted to drain the fund to support therapy programs for gay men and women.

During his 2000 Congressional campaign the Mike Pence website posted the following note:

“Congress should support the reauthorization of the Ryan White Care Act only after completion of an audit to ensure that federal dollars were no longer being given to organizations that celebrate and encourage the types of behaviors that facilitate the spreading of the HIV virus.

“Resources should be directed toward those institutions which provide assistance to those seeking to change their sexual behaviour.”

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
And this http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world...recognize-their-mothers/ar-AAzWf6a?li=AArWeBz
Like it says, some 3-4 year olds were separated from their parents for months and didn't recognize their mothers when reunited. I'm surprised that the Current Administration isn't using that as an excuse not to return them. "Well, maybe it's not really their mother. We'll hang onto them until we're sure."
And, towards the end of the link, the difference between the cases of two families, one which the father had a chance to explain what was going to happen to his child, and the other where the child was merely taken, no warning or explanation.
And these swine are so smug about "Well, we want to make sure we give them back to good people!"
Did they care that much about the people they initially handed the kids over to when they stole them? I doubt it. They needed a lot of people, really fast. I doubt there were many checks done.

Last edited:

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Two more appalling piece of information

A father and toddler son were separated for more than a year, and may in fact be US citizens. The father's whereabouts are unknown and they may never be reunited.

So now apparently all brown skinned people, living in southern border states, get to fear having their children taken from them.

I think we all know the "zero-tolerance" policy is a thinly-veiled code for "get rid of all the brown people, no matter when they came or how long they've been here."

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think we all know the "zero-tolerance" policy is a thinly-veiled code for "get rid of all the brown people, no matter when they came or how long they've been here."

I'm not going to derail with this topic, I'm starting another thread about it, but it fits with what you said. Trump has now ordered the creating of a task force to review naturalized citizens to see who "lied" on their applications and revoke their citizenship.

LittlePinto

Perpetually confused
Registered
Reaction score
They're going to start with Meliana, right?

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Administration has declared they've finished "reuniting" the kids under 5, two days past the court ordered deadline. Think is, they've only reunited 57 of the 103. They claim those are the only ones "eligible for reunification."

We are become Nazi Germany. "Courts bedamned. We're defining the rules now."

I've been sidetracked with the Strzok hearing but I believe I heard something outrageous like the rest had parents that were under investigation for things like "murder".

LittlePinto

Perpetually confused
Registered
Reaction score
I've been sidetracked with the Strzok hearing but I believe I heard something outrageous like the rest had parents that were under investigation for things like "murder".

I was wondering if that's what they were going to do: claim that the kids they were still holding had unfit parents. That's the easy way of not having to reunite families while looking good for the base. ("You don't want kids returned to murderers do you?" Or "You don't want kids returned to drug traffickers do you?")

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
I read the news. Americans murder people all the time. Some of them (killers and victims) are parents. Some parents kill their own children. This is not at argument for not reuniting children with their parents. Let'em take their chances like everyone else in the country.

Jennie

Registered
Reaction score
I was under the impression that there were many more than 57 children out of 103 that were separated from their parents, and that it would take months to reunite all families, particularly with the smaller children.

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com

LittlePinto

Perpetually confused
Registered
Reaction score
I was under the impression that there were many more than 57 children out of 103 that were separated from their parents, and that it would take months to reunite all families, particularly with the smaller children.

There are thousands of children between the ages of a few months and 18 years who need to be reunited with families. The 103 were children under 5, who the court ordered be reunited with families by Thursday. The US Government missed the deadline.

I hope the judge doesn't buy what the government is shoveling.

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
It's not enough hypocrisy that Ivanka almost cried (almost, but not quite) over the family separation issue, now the DOJ wants to use the ACLU - a civil liberties non-profit organization - to join in the search frenzy.

In a court document filed Thursday as part of the ongoing lawsuit over separated families, the Justice Department suggested the American Civil Liberties Union should use its "network of law firms, NGOs, volunteers and others" to find the parents with information provided by the Department of Health and Human Services.

And now ladies and gentlemen for our next number the ACLU will attempt to reunite families with its hands tied behind its back.

The two sides also continue to disagree about what information is appropriate and necessary for the government to provide. The government continues to resist giving the ACLU the entire case files of separated parents for the groups to use to track down parents. Instead, they propose delivering a list of information that the ACLU has said was a non-exhaustive list. {...} The ACLU claimed the government has been in contact with some deported parents, but it's not clear why they have not shared information with the nonprofit. The ACLU says it tracked down 12 deported parents only to find out they were already in contact with the government, the filing says.

* drum roll *

-cb

Last edited:

LittlePinto

Perpetually confused
Registered
Reaction score
It's almost like the government wants to keep these kids.

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Or couldn’t give two craps about what happens to them.

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
Or pin it onto the ACLU when it all fails.

(from the link above)
The Trump administration says immigrant advocacy groups should be responsible for tracking down more than 500 parents who were separated from their children and deported without them.

ACLU's reply:

The ACLU says it is eager to help locate the parents but argued that the government "must bear the ultimate burden of finding the parents," the document states.

Talk about subtle finger pointing.

-cb

Last edited:

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Projection, both the Karl Rove campaign tactic and Trump's personality disorder projection, emanates from the whole Trump administration.

New additions:
Separated kids, that's the ACLUs problem.
Don Jr claims the Democratic platform matches the Nazi's.

Continuing items:
Fake news
Biased witch hunt
Democrats are blocking legislation
etc

It wears you down.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Keep doing horrible things that way people are weary and distracted from Russia.

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[h=1]Texas police refused to take schizophrenic immigrant woman to hospital amid ICE request. It has been two weeks and she is still in jail[/h]
Fourteen days after her initial arrest, a young immigrant woman with schizophrenia remains in a Texas jail because of a federal immigration request, even though her family and mental health professionals say that continued detention runs the risk of severe consequences.
Tania Silva, 21, was arrested by police in Austin, Texas, who were responding to a missing person request her family filed after she went missing a day earlier during a mental health emergency - charging her with assaulting the officers for an outburst while she was in handcuffs.
Since her arrest, she has been detained in the Travis County Correctional Facility and cannot be released to receive 24-hour care for her mental health issues because of a Texas law signed earlier this year that forces local police to cooperate with all federal immigration enforcement requests.