[Resolved] Internet Explorer program removed for no apparent reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Could some kind tech person tell me how to reinstall the above program. I'd really appreciate it. I need it to fix my laptop when there's a glitch. Thanks much. I figured it out, thanks.

Last edited:

benbenberi

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Microsoft Edge is actually a completely different app from Internet Explorer. It's MS's spiffy new browser, not based on the old IE code, which MS really really really wants you to use instead of IE (which is why Edge shows up as the default browser in W10 & IE is still there, but hidden so you have to look for it).

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Microsoft Edge is actually a completely different app from Internet Explorer. It's MS's spiffy new browser, not based on the old IE code, which MS really really really wants you to use instead of IE (which is why Edge shows up as the default browser in W10 & IE is still there, but hidden so you have to look for it).
Thank you for the information. I really, really hate 'improvements' that don't improve anything for me.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, I feel the same frimble. Thx much for the info ben. I had read that microsoft edge was 'in charge' of ie. I feel like ms has taken over my laptop and can do anything they want. *sigh* Good news that I finally figured out how to get it back. Much appreciated, all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.