The Best Year Of Your Life

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Doesn't have to be a year, could be a lot less or more. Just looking for some images of one of the better patches in your life, when the stars were aligned. Could be right now, for all I know.

*(eta: don't worry about this part, unless u really want to)
And asking, oh yeah? So why can't you replicate it? No, I know that we most often cannot, because some things are not in our control, but seriously, I was just wondering if we can't break down our good times into components, into factors so we can see it in part and in whole and (maybe for the first time) actually understand what made it so good.

Last edited:

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (Literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

My experience is that the best of times and the worst of times are partners in a dance. 2001 was a fabulous year...if you discount the attacks and my father's death. This year has been my best year for sales and royalties...and Yoga for Prosperity is now officially out of print.

And then there's specific events: I was thrilled to pieces when we went to NYC for the first time in 2016. The operas we saw were my favorites and very well done (hint: if you like opera, see their production of The Pearl Fishers), and I got to see the Metropolitan Museum for the first time (cue: starry eyes). BUT we went in January so as to see the afore mentioned operas, and ended up stuck in JFK for two nights due to a blizzard...BUT that was okay, even wonderful, because I was having some physical problems and those two nights helped me heal.

And that's the key: If you see even bad things as good, then life is happy. Now, don't get me wrong, by that, I do NOT mean that we should not take a stand against things we know to be bad. That's not what this is about at all. What I DO mean is that if we accept those inevitable pains and tribulations of life as blessings...or challenges...or an impetus to change what we know needs changing, then it all works out okay.

And that's what you were asking for, right? How to make things happy all the time. My 2c.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Cindyt

Gettin wiggy wit it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
growingupwolf.blogspot.com

My experience is that the best of times and the worst of times are partners in a dance. 2001 was a fabulous year...if you discount the attacks and my father's death. This year has been my best year for sales and royalties...and Yoga for Prosperity is now officially out of print.

And then there's specific events: I was thrilled to pieces when we went to NYC for the first time in 2016. The operas we saw were my favorites and very well done (hint: if you like opera, see their production of The Pearl Fishers), and I got to see the Metropolitan Museum for the first time (cue: starry eyes). BUT we went in January so as to see the afore mentioned operas, and ended up stuck in JFK for two nights due to a blizzard...BUT that was okay, even wonderful, because I was having some physical problems and those two nights helped me heal.

And that's the key: If you see even bad things as good, then life is happy. Now, don't get me wrong, by that, I do NOT mean that we should not take a stand against things we know to be bad. That's not what this is about at all. What I DO mean is that if we accept those inevitable pains and tribulations of life as blessings...or challenges...or an impetus to change what we know needs changing, then it all works out okay.

And that's what you were asking for, right? How to make things happy all the time. My 2c.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal
ITA. This has to be the best year of the decade because I have a newspaper column. The fourth article was published today.

Last edited:

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Agreed, Siri, perspective is, if not everything, then a lot of it. In my good patches, there were always bad things, and in my bad, there was always some good.

But then, there were times that I'd have had to go out of my way to ruin, and other times when the only 'good' I could find was in perspective, in trying to find some positive, even if it had come down to old, tired (but true) adages such as, you know, what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

True, that there are apparently better years and apparently worse years, but really, if you didn't have those "bad" years, would you appreciate the "good" years as much?

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Probably not. Yeah, not sure where I was going with this thread. Thanks, Siri, have a great night.