Writer's business cards - what to write on them?

Elenitsa

writing as Marina Costa
Registered
Reaction score
Website
caribbeandawn1720.jcink.net
Yes, I know what is a business card. But I have one for my profession. On that, it wrote:

Romania
Ministry of Transports
General Directorate for Financial Affairs

Elena V...., PhD
Project officer
e-mail (professional one)
Phone and fax (of the institution)

It also was bearing the Ministry's coat of arms.

From this knowledge of business cards, I am at a loss what to put on a writer's business card. Especially that I write on a pen name, so, should it be my pen name there? Should it be the official name? and what else? Should the published books titles be on the back? Should be something totally different?

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
It should be what helps people identify and find you as a writer. Use the penname since that's what people will find your books under. Put your blog or website on there at the least, as well as any writing social medias (twitter, FB, etc). If you want to put a writing email on there, you can. I don't know if you need the titles of your books since ideally the other links should do the same job, but a picture of one or more of your books should be on there. Basically, if you give someone this business card, and they go home and sit down in front of the computer with it, what do you want them to enter into the search bar?

KMTolan

No drama
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kmtolan.com
I keep it simple. First comes my author name, then my URL for the author site. Finally, a very short catchy blurb "This is not your world...". The card itself is a nice graphic with the letters as part of the artwork instead of overlaid on back. I don't put anything on the reverse side as everything I want them to see is on the website.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
You need an email address on your card; preferably one that you use just for you-as-writer.

I wouldn't put a phone number or address. Name, URL, email address.