Very Newbie

QuixoticQuill

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! This is my first ever forum post. Ever. I'm usually far too introverted even for internet socialization, so we'll see how this goes.

I write fantasy and science fiction. I usually go through spurts of doing primarily one or the other. It probably follows my spurts of reading primarily one or the other. I'm currently in a fantasy spurt. I am working on the second draft of a novel but also write short stories. And lots of beginnings of novels. I've been writing since I was a kid but I never thought I could make it my real grown-up job until now. I'm still not sure but I'm trying.

When I'm not writing I'm spending time with my family. Just chilling out around the house mostly. If I find myself with any extra time I like to crochet, play video games and dabble in photography. I like crafts of all kinds. (The urge to make things is what drives me to write also.)

Hopefully I'll follow through this time and get to know some of you. I could really use a writing community.

Thanks for reading!

Sam Artisan

Held captive by angry blue elves.
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome welcome! Forum posting is fun all on its own, but you happened to find a particularly good one :) I hope you enjoy your time here, and best of luck in your writing!

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In my opinion, this place is a haven for introverts. When I once mentioned that I'd put things off for months if doing something meant making a phone call, whether it was a haircut or seeing my doctor, instead of jeers, I got a lot of Oh, I know! And I knew I was among my own kind. I hope you'll feel the same shortly.

Maryn, pleased to meet you

Denevius

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
It’s a great community here.

Lots of luck, and welcome to AW!

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Best of luck with your projects

QuixoticQuill

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you everyone!

And an extra thanks to DanielSTJ, it took me a long time to come up with that nickname. :) I like your Latin signature.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given each week.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.