World's dumbest attorney gets into a restaurant...

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hasn't stopped him. Today he was attacking Jews who support Palestine

Link

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
... And starts ranting at the people in front of him for speaking Spanish.

And threatens to call ICE on them.

While everyone is recording him.

And his law firm site has his face on it.

He's already getting some "creative" reviews.

Aww, c'mon, you forgot to mention the best part. He's in Manhattan. I'm guessing a full 25% of people speak Spanish at home (various neighborhoods that number will be much higher), and probably over 40% speak a second language at home, including Spanish, and when you add in the number fluent in another language but that language isn't the family language, it goes much, much higher.

In my home (yup, Manhattan) we speak Spanish & English, both of my sons are trilingual (one the 3rd language is Italian, one it's Japanese, daughter is close to fluent in ASL). We are neither unique nor fancy.

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
No, no. The BEST part is he advertises "Call for a consultation!" including in Spanish, French, and Mandarin. :roll: And his building is in the same one as the Mexican Embassy. I mean, he's a parody, planted by Trey Parker and Matt Stone, right? He HAS to be.

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I... what is happening?

I recently said to someone that part of what I love about NYC is that you literally can not go outside pretty much anyplace, without hearing several languages spoken. Like, that's kind of the point of the city, nevermind the country.... what a bizarre story. Including my fave part --

Manhattan lawyer Aaron Schlossberg, 42, a registered Republican whose company bio claims he is fluent in Spanish.

Fingers

My cat Toby
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in the woods around Portland Oregon
Id like to know how he figures these employees would be on welfare or food stamps? They have jobs. Oh yeah I forgot that all immigrants are automatically enrolled in welfare and food stamps, and remain on them for life, even if they have jobs. How does someone who lives in NYC, not ever see the statue of liberty or learn about what it stands for?

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
... And starts ranting at the people in front of him for speaking Spanish.

And threatens to call ICE on them.

While everyone is recording him.

And his law firm site has his face on it.

He's already getting some "creative" reviews.

He's a lawyer, maybe he's trolling for business: immigration cases? "If anyone speaks to you like this, call me! It's racism and harassment!"
Maybe he's angling for a job in the White House...
Or, at least, supporting them.

He is clearly, uniquely, dubiously qualified for such a position.
Hey, when I read the thread title, I figured it was another Guiliani story!

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
Id like to know how he figures these employees would be on welfare or food stamps? They have jobs. Oh yeah I forgot that all immigrants are automatically enrolled in welfare and food stamps, and remain on them for life, even if they have jobs. How does someone who lives in NYC, not ever see the statue of liberty or learn about what it stands for?

Kool. Aid.

For at least some time today, Google had this photo up when you searched his name, and someone suggested the category "Mexican Restaurant" on Yelp.

Beyond flooding him with 1-star reviews, I think people have been sending him a lot of Mexican food, which I will say is *totally* unfair. We were promised a taco truck on every corner and we got Trump instead. His racist supporters should NOT be given free Mexican food.

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, when I read the thread title, I figured it was another Guiliani story!

Mine was it was about Cohen.

I... what is happening?

I recently said to someone that part of what I love about NYC is that you literally can not go outside pretty much anyplace, without hearing several languages spoken. Like, that's kind of the point of the city, nevermind the country.... what a bizarre story. Including my fave part --

I'm in MA, yesterday my Ethiopian neighbor was speaking Spanish to our Italian neighbor.

cornflake

Registered
Reaction score

Well, to the latter point, while I certainly learned the poem and the point, I've never been close to the statue, and I know plenty of NYers who've never been to it either, heh.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Up here, we learned about the Statue of Liberty, and the poem, etc. "Bring me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to be free" (From memory.)
Aside from the people he ranted at, I feel sorry for the half-dozen other lawyers in New York named 'Schlossberg'. They must be getting hit by the fringes of the storm. Worse if any of them are related to him.

cornflake

Registered
Reaction score
Up here, we learned about the Statue of Liberty, and the poem, etc. "Bring me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to be free" (From memory.)
Aside from the people he ranted at, I feel sorry for the half-dozen other lawyers in New York named 'Schlossberg'. They must be getting hit by the fringes of the storm. Worse if any of them are related to him.

The first thing I thought of when I saw the name was Ed Schlossberg, husband of Caroline Kennedy, heh. Then I was like that is NOT a Kennedy kid, no way is that a child of Caroline Kennedy, or she'd already be in the news smacking the shit out of him on the street, because no.

Then I read further and I don't think it could be agewise either but ... yeah, the name is a very seriously respected NAME here, which is just unfortunate.

cornflake

Registered
Reaction score
People are working to reclassify his law firm as a mexican restaurant across several listing and rating sites. Now that's comedy.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
There's a GoFundMe project for hiring mariachi bands to go play at his office to cheer him up šŸ˜¬

cornflake

Registered
Reaction score
Update on k-k's post!

The gofundme was successful! A local mariachi band offered to play for free, so the funds raised (double the goal) are going toward hiring a taco truck and getting pinatas! Party! They say it's for the poor sods stuck working in his office. There's also a protest planned, so hopefully those can coincide! I :heart: NY.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mine was it was about Cohen.

I'm in MA, yesterday my Ethiopian neighbor was speaking Spanish to our Italian neighbor.

I knew a woman from France years ago. She didn't speak English and I didn't speak French. We spoke to each other in Spanish.

cornflake

Registered
Reaction score
I knew a woman from France years ago. She didn't speak English and I didn't speak French. We spoke to each other in Spanish.

OMG stop taking my money for your welfare or imma call ICE on you!

Aside from his general asshattery -- he was telling obviously employed, front-of-house workers he was going to call ICE on their welfare-stealing asses. Like, undocumented people can't collect benefits. The employed generally don't need most 'welfare' benefits (I know there are people in low-income fields who do supplement with various benefits, just in a general broad logic sense), and most undocumented employed workers aren't out in the front of the house with branded shirts and shit.

He went to Johns Hopkins and GW and passed the NY Bar. He wasn't, at some point, this dumb. He's only 42. What is it about Trumpism or watching FOX news that seems to make peoples' brains leak out their ears in a trickle?

Last edited:

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
He wasn't, at some point, this dumb. He's only 42. What is it about Trumpism or watching FOX news that seems to make peoples' brains leak out their ears in a trickle?

In the future there will be whole fields devoted to studying this.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone can be racist, even highly educated people.

I know I've said this before in other threads. Trump has emboldened many of the quiet racists in this country. With the government and branches of law enforcement having declared open war on immigrants, the quiet racists see no reason to keep their hate to themselves anymore. They believe they are being validated every time Trump attacks immigrants, or ICE drags someone away.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone can be racist, even highly educated people.

I know I've said this before in other threads. Trump has emboldened many of the quiet racists in this country. With the government and branches of law enforcement having declared open war on immigrants, the quiet racists see no reason to keep their hate to themselves anymore. They believe they are being validated every time Trump attacks immigrants, or ICE drags someone away.
And Trump's gone off on another racist rampage calling people they've deported "animals" and implying they are all members of MS-13.

He's feeling the heat with Mueller's investigation, things heated up with the Cohen stuff. And like clockwork, he seeks out some dog whistle to gather the pack to shower him with soothing adulation.

Racism is the dog whistle du jour.