They held the hot coals to my feet. I blurted out, "I'm not a writer-

CalvinTitus

Registered
Reaction score
-just a story teller forced to use the written word.”
Part of being a writer is the ability to use just a shade of the truth for a hook and keep them reading.

I write Non-fiction and humor using the short story format. Small town living, everyday life and the things we all just take for granted being the focus. The biggest joy is being able to bring a smile or rekindle a fond memory for the reader. I often write for a single person or a group of people having found that it is better to be loved by one reader, than viewed as average by many. I write for two of the local papers on occasion, but most of my stories are for those who I have made it my mission to make smile.

I road race motorcycles and currently working on getting my racing license for racing a car. I am an old foolish guy who is addicted to adrenaline and anything fast.

I can do beta reading for continuity, not spag.

I am looking forward to meeting most of you :}
Cal

Last edited:

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

You are a walking dichotomy (laid-back, small-town living) and high-speed racing. Interesting. You found a great community.

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Cal. Best of luck.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given each week.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am an old foolish guy who is addicted to adrenaline and anything fast.

Ah, Cal, I also felt the need for speed. Many, many sport parachute jumps while in the army and my own 750cc café racer in Germany, but lately I've been reduced to racing walkers in halls for physical therapy. :greenie

:welcome:!

The zombies made me

Registered
Reaction score
Lol that last line made my day! Welcome to AW! Your style of writing is of great value! Sometimes the short more personal narrative conveys history much better than a long history book on the same subject.

Good luck with getting the car racing license. Be very safe as you pursue your adrenaline! And, of course, I hope you mostly win!

CalvinTitus

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome. Chase you need to share more about that motorcycle and what years you terrorized the roads. I am glad you understand the need to push the boundaries. Something tells me that you might just be the fastest guy with walker.

The Zombies made me... do you make everyone type that out when they respond to you or do you have a hyphenated version of your name?

I have cruising the forums and reading mostly. This is a big place and it seems like there are a lot of corners to hide in.

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, there surely is! But, that does not mean that there aren't places where you can take a seat, perhaps with a tea and a coffee, and join in on all the fun!

Just wanted to poke my head in here and say hello again.

Cheers Calvin!

jeffschanz

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeffschanz.com
Welcome! I call myself a storyteller, although few know what that means. Novelist is easier to say. But I feel the same way. I'm not the greatest wordsmith or dictionary-ophile, but I think i have some good stories to tell, so I does that. My words be ok good people like read maybe. Welcome sir!