• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking Beta Reader for Novella on Mental Illness (45,000 words) [Description Added]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Transformersfan123

Registered
Reaction score
I am seeking beta readers for my latest project, titled '9 Ways to Normal'. It is a realistic fiction novella focusing on explaining different diagnoses in story form, while also pointing out that normal is a subjective experience, based on personal experiences, and that "Nobody's normal." I have reached as far as I can by myself, and I need some fresh perspective.

9 Ways to Normal is about nine different people, and each has been diagnosed with a mental illness of some sort. The book is dialogue heavy, and it is focused on group sessions with a therapist before branching into individual POVs of the night after the day's session. It explores the way "normal" is subjective, and that even mentally ill people have a version of normal. The point is to show these different normals, while also noting the differences from typical people.

The diagnoses covered are Bipolar Disorder, Savant Syndrome, Schizophrenia, Autism Spectrum Disorder (more specifically Asperger's), Bulimia, Schizoid Personality Disorder, Clinical Depression, and Alcohol Dependence, Each character is unique in their upbringing, with different views on religion and life in general. Each representation is as accurate as I could make them.

I have posted a sample in SYW - Other. Feel free to check it out to see what my writing style is.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

mmallico

Registered
Reaction score
You might want to post a few sample pages on SYW or even a brief synopsis about what your story is about. This might attract more people and entice them to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.