• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking Beta Readers/Critique Partners for Romance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosalyn_Kae

Better to be forgotten than sued!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
deathbyink-rosalynkae.blogspot.com
Hello all!

I've been writing a romance manuscript for a little close to a year now mainly because it was the idea that grabbed the most. This is weird for me considering that I don't read a lot of romance novels so this will be my first serious dip into the genre. What I'm interested in are readers (and/or writers) who love the genre and have experience reading and/or writing. I'm not sure if this is a disclaimer or not, but I feel like I have to confess that the story does contain some profanity, as well as some sexual and suicidal themes that are important to the story for a very specific reason.

Iam, of course, willing to swap manuscripts (if you have one) and would love anyone who can offerextensive input on the romance genre. You don't have to be super into thetechnical aspects of writing (such as syntax and sentence structure), though itwould be helpful. As of now, the biggest issues I feel the manuscript mighthave are pacing and content related because the word count is much higher thanI feel it should be considering the genre. The story is a slow burn, but itmight be too slow. I think I have a good handle on the characters, but someinput on that wouldn't hurt.

Anyoneof any age or gender that feel like they know a good romance when they see one,please feel free to reach out. PM me for email swaps and we can further discuss.

Last edited:

maggiee19

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Rosalyn,

I hope I'm not too late, considering this thread was started on the 11th and it's the 19th. I don't write romance, but I read it, so I'm interested in your manuscript. PM me. I have a manuscript for you, even though it's not romance. I don't write romance because I don't know anything about relationships. :)

I don't want to post my email address on here, so please PM me.

I can't wait to read your manuscript.
-maggie

Marie K

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Rosalyn,
I write romance (paranormal mainly). What type of romance is it? Was is your word count and heat level?
What genre do you normally write? I might be interested. I'm currently looking for a beta reader as well.

j_catalyst

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Rosalyn_Kae

If you're still interested, I would love to take a look at your romance manuscript :)

Hayley Lane

Registered
Reaction score
Hi!

If this is still open, I could take a look at your manuscript. Please PM in that case. I have read romance for almost thirty years and written romance for the last ten years.:)

call-of-the-mind

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Rosalyn!

If you're still looking for someone I'm definitely interested. I mostly read supernatural romance but I love pretty much all romance. I have a manuscript, but would also be happy to read yours if fantasy isn't your genre. Feel free to send me a PM. I know I'm a little late responding.

Status
Not open for further replies.