Louisiana Seniors on Medicaid To Receive Nursing Home Eviction Letters

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I know, I know. Someone will tell me that's the kind of smug condescension that makes these people hate liberals so much to begin with.

I’m beyond caring about being hated for my political views. Not being smug for being right about Trump, won’t make Trump voters hate me less.

Last edited:

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
However, I'm not smug but sad (how can I be smug when my side lost), and it's not condescension but genuine anger, because there are people who didn't vote for Trump who are in danger of losing their insurance and being evicted from nursing homes too.

Exactly this.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
UPDATE: I've been checking for updates on this and somehow missed this.

A $29 billion dollar budget was passed that protects and shields seniors but makes steep cuts in other much needed services. Both Democrats and republicans say the budget us unrealistic and will have to be amended.

The budget sent back to the House with a 27-10 Senate vote would shield nursing home residents from evictions and keep Louisiana's safety-net hospitals from closure. But to keep things in balance, senators had to slash spending elsewhere.
The proposal would steeply cut state financing to public colleges, eliminate the food stamp program, close the veterans cemetery program, shutter parks and museums, shrink spending on the child welfare agency and scale back public safety programs. The TOPS program would cover only 70 percent of college tuition costs.

Link