Hi from New Zealand!

EtonMess

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

After staring at the same five words on my otherwise blank document screen for longer than I'd like to admit, and with the only thought in my head being "I think there's cheese in the fridge", I decided it was time to bite the proverbial bullet and seek out some some kindred spirits who might be sharing the same writer's block as me and who may or may not be thinking about cheese. Perhaps you are now?

I'm sad to admit I'm a terrible reader, which hasn't done me any favors at all and is something I'm desperately trying to amend by reading as much and as widely as I can. I'll read pretty much anything, but if it's sci-fi, horror, fantasy or humor, you've got my attention. I'm about the same in terms of writing; horror and dark fairy tales are my particular favourites, currently and my first novel of which I have written five words (see above) will be nestled somewhere amidst the spooky fantasy genres. I've been writing on and off for years, though nothing particularly conclusive. It is my goal to get a first draft for a novella completed this year. I'm hoping hanging out with you guys will help me there!

When I'm not knuckling my keyboard, splitting infinitives left and right, I'm drawing cartoons and reading grammar books because I love all of the nuts and bolts that go with wildness of creative writing! If only I could remember it all...

Cheese! I mean, cheers!

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wait, there's cheese? Because I have crackers! I think we're going to get along real well.

Maryn, glad to meet you

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given each week.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

pholoto15

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

After staring at the same five words on my otherwise blank document screen for longer than I'd like to admit, and with the only thought in my head being "I think there's cheese in the fridge", I decided it was time to bite the proverbial bullet and seek out some some kindred spirits who might be sharing the same writer's block as me and who may or may not be thinking about cheese. Perhaps you are now?

I'm sad to admit I'm a terrible reader, which hasn't done me any favors at all and is something I'm desperately trying to amend by reading as much and as widely as I can. I'll read pretty much anything, but if it's sci-fi, horror, fantasy or humor, you've got my attention. I'm about the same in terms of writing; horror and dark fairy tales are my particular favourites, currently and my first novel of which I have written five words (see above) will be nestled somewhere amidst the spooky fantasy genres. I've been writing on and off for years, though nothing particularly conclusive. It is my goal to get a first draft for a novella completed this year. I'm hoping hanging out with you guys will help me there!

When I'm not knuckling my keyboard, splitting infinitives left and right, I'm drawing cartoons and reading grammar books because I love all of the nuts and bolts that go with wildness of creative writing! If only I could remember it all...

Cheese! I mean, cheers!

Welcome fellow newbie.

Sam Artisan

Held captive by angry blue elves.
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome welcome! If you're not a reader, I'd recommend audiobooks :D then you can draw at the same time.

Enjoy your stay!

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome aboard :welcome: Lots of help and useful info to be found in the threads, best of luck.

EtonMess

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome welcome! If you're not a reader, I'd recommend audiobooks :D then you can draw at the same time.

Enjoy your stay!

Ooh yeah, super good! I listen to them at work too :)
I'm enjoying Lovecraft at the moment, I think he sounds better in someone else's voice rather than my own!

Lou3232

Registered
Reaction score
LOL! Hey, I have an idea. For every bite of cheese you must commit to one page of writing. On second thought, if you eat too much, you might get sleepy. What about a glass of water for every page? Oh, dear, that could be problematic as well. (You can't say I didn't try to be helpful, haha.)