Cobra Kai

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
If anyone is a Karate Kid fan like myself from back in the day, You Tube Red has an amazing new series that stars the original two actors Ralph Macchio and William Zabka that takes place 34 years later. It is hilarious. William Zabka is GREAT and the story has you refreshingly cheering in a way for Johnny. The first two episodes are free and I’m so tempted to buy in to YTR to get the rest of the episodes. There is some cursing (in case that's not your thing, especially for younger kids who may have loved Karate Kid-the original), but it is so well done. Wish it was on Netflix! https://youtu.be/dFKeS5UbNXQ

Jolly-Boo

Please, call me Boo
Registered
Reaction score
Watched it, start to finish ... and enjoyed it a great deal. I know Karate Kid, watched it as a kid, don't have any special connection to it. But I think all of us know the story, so it's neat to see a continuation of it (that's not crappy).

spoilers:
What really surprised was the last episode. Going into it I was thinking, Wait a minute, isn't this supposed to be a Johnny's redemption story? Isn't he teaching his student all of the same crap? Wait a minute, am I still supposed to root for Miguel? Is Roby the good one of the two now?

I liked were that went. And I hear it got renewed for a second season, so I'm excited about that.

Boy, that old Kobra Kai sense has that Street Fighter villain thing going for him.

Last edited: