Not open for further replies.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
After not a lot of response on previous months' challenges, let's make this simpler, okay?

I present a few ideas to challenge or inspire those who write, or who are ready to write, erotic fiction. Any writer can pick one (or more) of the prompts and write a story which meets its requirement. It can be any length, any heat level.

That can be the end of it. You reply to this thread, announce you wrote something and on which prompt, receive congratulations, and call it done, never showing it to anyone.

Or you can post the resulting story on the password-protected board at Share Your Work - Erotica (see this to get the password, if you don't have it) and get qualified feedback on your story. If you do not want critique, please don't post your work.

Nobody has to post their story, and nobody should post an erotic work anywhere at AbsoluteWrite besides Share Your Work - Erotica, which requires you to have the password and 50 posts. (Critiquing the work of others is a great way to get there--and you'll learn a lot, too.)

Reminder: Moderators do not distribute the password. You get that by stating your are 21 or older and asking for the password in a private message to AW Admin or MacAllister.

This month there are more ideas and several are deliberately geared toward shorter works. Come on, you know you want to try it.

1. A scene in which two characters meet in an unusual way—and both feel strong attraction right away.
2. Sex scene takes place outdoors.
3. Sex scene reveals at least one character has a psychic or paranormal ability.
4. Involves a birthday party.
5. 980 to 1020 words.
6. Set at least 150 years ago, anywhere in the world.
7. Military setting, any military, any era, any place.
8. 250 words, exactly.
9. From the point of view of a non-human sentient creature or being.
10. Sex scene takes place entirely in complete darkness.
11. Sex scene involves exhibitionism.
12. 500 words, exactly.

JakeSTamer

Registered
Reaction score
I might have to take a break from writing my book and try this. I could combine several of these easily using my characters from my wip. I might even slip it into my book somewhere if I find a place for it.

Edited: I just made a new document on my laptop so I would remember to do this, lol.

Last edited:

Lex181

Registered
Reaction score
I have a bunch of short pieces already that I could do something with - maybe a fun mesh between 2 and 11...

Side note: has anyone else had a problem getting the password? I've contacted AW Admin and MacAllister but I haven't heard anything back yet :s

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You've tried both? Let me touch base with them and see what's the deal. I understand one's busy with Other Things, but both would be quite unusual.

Maryn, on her white steed

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I have a bunch of short pieces already that I could do something with - maybe a fun mesh between 2 and 11...

Side note: has anyone else had a problem getting the password? I've contacted AW Admin and MacAllister but I haven't heard anything back yet :s

You PM'd me at 9:57 my time.

I responded at 10:49 my time.

You do realize that this site is entirely run by volunteers, right?

Trevor Bruhn

Registered
Reaction score
In a 74K wip, one can usually snip out a bit that fits one or more challenge categories. In the SYW erotica forum, I have posted 500 words of a lusty military exercise happening around the year 2033. Suppose someone will still be at war in Afghanistan then?
Trevor, thinking of $35 bottles of wine

JakeSTamer

Registered
Reaction score
I'm doing your challenge this month, I'm using 2, 3 and 6. I'm going to add this to my work in progress, it's a scene I was previously going to leave implied as I have quite a few sex scenes in the book already but what's one more, lol. The rough draft is almost done, I'll go over it a few times and post it in the share your work section. Hopefully I'll have it posted this weekend.

Last edited:

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Excellent! I look forward to seeing it, Jake.

JakeSTamer

Registered
Reaction score
I posted the scene in the share your work section. Mindy just turned Vinda into a sex goddess and takes her to taste her first humans sexual energy. There's probably a lot wrong with it, but it's posted, lol.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Excellent! Hey, fellow writers, let's check this out and give our friend some critique.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just an aside, but consider adding a link to it and openly asking for critiques as part of your signature. Can't hurt, might get you some.

Maryn, back from the DMV

JakeSTamer

Registered
Reaction score
Oops, it was late and I was tired, I accidentally put April instead of May in the title is there anyway it can be fixed? Or since there's no comments on it yet should it just be deleted and I'll repost it?

Edited: on second thought it should be fine the way it is. I put an edit at the top of my post saying it's supposed to be May instead of April.

Last edited:

JakeSTamer

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for the idea of putting a link in my signature, I might have to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.