Ecofiction, Ecoliterature

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
I'm beefing up my spreadsheet and want to find those publishers (and also those agents) who might be inclined to the story I've written.

I do understand that any large publisher will publish a story ... if it will turn a profit. Here's a couple of the publishers I've found. I hope for more.

Tor has published stories somewhat similar to the one I've written (ecofiction is a small slice of it's inventory.) Gods, Monsters, and the Lucky Peach is a recent example.

Ashland Creek is a boutique publisher specializing in ecological fiction.

If https://ecolitbooks.com/literary-outlets-for-environmental-writing/ is up to date (and I've found little else, elsewhere, to suggest otherwise) there aren't a whole lot of publishers, boutique or otherwise, specializing in eco-fiction.

Curious if anyone here has any tips for my search for ecologically - inclined agents and or publishers?

(Yes, I've dug around in twitter too, using various hashtags including MSWL. )

Thank you dears.

Last edited:

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Why are you looking for both publishers and agents? You should pick one route or the other -- don't query both at the same time, or publishers first then agents.

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
Have you searched using the term "cli fi"? It makes me want to scoop my eyes out with a spoon, but I believe that's the term for fiction in which AGW plays a part.

Hadn't heard of Ashland Creek, so I had a look. Their books sound really interesting, so thanks for the heads up! (Mind you, I'm slightly dismayed that they've picked the only photo I have ever seen that makes a quokka look pissed off.)

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks -

Clarification to cornflake - Plan to query agents, but hope to personalize query to each agent, and trying to connect as many dots as i can up front. Hence, also learning the publishers and connections between agents/publishers, etc etc etc... If there's a way to find the agent who rep'd Gods, Monsters, and the Lucky Peach then that agent would go into my spreadsheet with a note why.

Yes, to cli-fi, and I use the term myself (and in searches) in the hopes of finding a fit. :) One of my tweeps is a cli-fi guy ... who gave me a nice list of possible publishers.

I feel like there has to be more out there than I am finding, however.

Last edited: