• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Standing Stones Literary Agency

Girlsgottawrite

I write at work...
Registered
Reaction score
Got a :heart: from Charley Visco on DVPit, but I can find no information on her anywhere. Her twitter handle looks new too. Anyone heard of of her or the agency?

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Their Facebook page is kinda sad, no-one has made any comments on any of the postings

megaleg709

Registered
Reaction score
Just seeing this. Charlene is my agent. I signed with her in July 2017 as her first solo client when she was a junior agent at another agency where she had been the co-agent on several sales. The agent who was the head at my agency decided to semi-retire and not accept any new clients so Charlene formed Standing Stones to branch out on her own. At that point she had myself and another client she represented solo. Since then she’s signed several other clients under the Standing Stones name. Also, happily, she sold my book in less than eight months to a small/mid-range traditional publisher and it will be released in Fall of this year. So I’ve been very happy with her! Hope this helps— long story short, Standing Stones is new, but Charlene’s been around a few years and has several sales under her belt!

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the timeline/experience, megaleg.

NikkiB89

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, just wanted to note that I have just signed with this agency. I'll be sure to provide updates on my experiences.

Hi Mafiaking!

I just had this agency request a partial from me. How was your experience working with them? Approximately what was their response time?

Thanks!

mafiaking1936

Nihil debetur. Nihil debens.
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Mafiaking!

I just had this agency request a partial from me. How was your experience working with them? Approximately what was their response time?

Thanks!

Hi, looking at my old emails the timeline was: initial query July 27, partial request September 19, full request October 8, offer December 5. The experience has been fine, though I can't say too much since I was never on sub. I got an offer from a publisher at pretty much the same time, so by the time I signed I already had that offer in hand. It's still a very, very fledgling operation. Nathan's a full time English teacher and he does this a few evenings a week I think, but he usually gets back to me within a couple days. He suggested some good edits to my MS, but since it was already accepted we didn't dive too deep into it. Their contract is something boilerplate they got from somewhere and didn't make many changes, so if you get to that stage don't be afraid to push back on any clauses you don't like, they shouldn't take it personally. I hope that's at least a little helpful. Good luck!

NikkiB89

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, looking at my old emails the timeline was: initial query July 27, partial request September 19, full request October 8, offer December 5. The experience has been fine, though I can't say too much since I was never on sub. I got an offer from a publisher at pretty much the same time, so by the time I signed I already had that offer in hand. It's still a very, very fledgling operation. Nathan's a full time English teacher and he does this a few evenings a week I think, but he usually gets back to me within a couple days. He suggested some good edits to my MS, but since it was already accepted we didn't dive too deep into it. Their contract is something boilerplate they got from somewhere and didn't make many changes, so if you get to that stage don't be afraid to push back on any clauses you don't like, they shouldn't take it personally. I hope that's at least a little helpful. Good luck!

Very helpful, thank you! I like that they are a new agency, and it’s good to know that Nathan is a teacher! I know a lot of this business is a waiting game, but I’m just so excited to hear back.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
She's still around, as far as I can tell. I just wanted to note her previous agency so folks could see where she was coming from. e.g., the level of sales she achieved then v. now.

NikkiB89

Registered
Reaction score
Standing stones requested a partial from me 7 weeks ago, and I’ve heard nothing. Odd, because they requested the partial the same day I queried them.

Corvid

~
Registered
Reaction score
I messaged them on FB last night asking how to submit, and they told me they're on hiatus as an agency for the time being.