Where Do I Fit? Humour Research Issue

Reaction score
I naturally write silly nonsensical prose and insane poetry, sometimes filled with made up language, word play or outright humour. I love playing with language. Think along the lines of Spike Milligan or John Lennon to get an idea.

I would like to feature all of this together one day in an anthology of course, but I know I need to put some of it out there initially to even get recognised. But my concern is, where? How? Who? I am concerned if there is an audience for this these days, and if there is, what magazines do you think I should target submissions at? I don't know of any magazines (online of physical) that cover general humour , only a few niche ones like political satire (Private Eye) and crude fun (Viz).
Heck, I don't even know what category to call it myself, I just write it!

Any help to this fledgling aspirant would be greatly appreciated.

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
Comics might be something to look into. Joke writer? Screenplays? Blog some of your stuff, as a means to sample it to others.

Reaction score
Do we know of any magazines physical or online that publish nonsense verse etc? I am not sure of any.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A google search brings up different magazines. I'd research and vet them before submitting. You can check the Paying Forum as well.

Juggernaut

Registered
Reaction score
I naturally write silly nonsensical prose and insane poetry, sometimes filled with made up language, word play or outright humour. I love playing with language. Think along the lines of Spike Milligan or John Lennon to get an idea.

I would like to feature all of this together one day in an anthology of course, but I know I need to put some of it out there initially to even get recognised. But my concern is, where? How? Who? I am concerned if there is an audience for this these days, and if there is, what magazines do you think I should target submissions at? I don't know of any magazines (online of physical) that cover general humour , only a few niche ones like political satire (Private Eye) and crude fun (Viz).
Heck, I don't even know what category to call it myself, I just write it!

Any help to this fledgling aspirant would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Can you made any cohesive sense of what you write? I think of George Carlin. He rants and raves and sometimes seems to be making no sense (and you get lost in the complexity) but then he can bring it all together and be very funny.