Just released my self-published suspense novel on Saturday. Would love any advice

JillianA_T

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all! I just self-published my suspense novel, All the Hidden Pieces. It's my first novel and I would love any advice on what moves the needle in terms of book sales.

People have recommended blog tours, but then other people have said that most of those can provide reviews (for hundreds of $$) but don't necessarily translate to sales.

I've been encouraged to do local book store signings but I was speaking with a local book store owner who said the only traffic my signings will get will be people who already know me.

Right now, I have decent sales, all to people who know me. I would love any advice for selling to people who don't already know me. I've enrolled in KU and am doing Kindle Select.
What worked for you?

Thanks in advance!!
Jillian

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW Jillian. Good luck with your novel. You'll find some helpful stuff in the self-published section of the forums.

Denevius

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Probably the wrong place for this message, but either way.

Best of luck, and welcome to AW!

The zombies made me

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Jillian! I have no advice but hello and welcome to AW! I think you'll probably be able to find a thread just for self publishing somewhere around here so hopefully you'll find some good info

JillianA_T

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you all very much! I will see what I can find for Self Publishing. It's quite a steep learning curve!

davidjgalloway

Opus is my guy.
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Jillian. You might want to add links to your book in your signature. I for one like to look up books that AWers have published, but without a link, that's just not going to happen. Then every post you make here is free advertising for you.

AgathaChristieFan

proud writer
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Jillian. You might want to add links to your book in your signature. I for one like to look up books that AWers have published, but without a link, that's just not going to happen. Then every post you make here is free advertising for you.

I was thinking the same thing. Her book title sounds very interesting, and I love suspense.

cool pop

It's Cool, Miss Pop if You're Nasty
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! Mystery/suspense is my favorite genre. I also write it. My advice, join Kboards if you haven't already. It is the biggest self-publishing forum and has a wealth of much-needed information for SP authors of all levels. You'll get more than enough advice and knowledge there to help you along.