Status
Not open for further replies.

Leanna

Registered
Reaction score
Colorado, India, or with my MC battling ferocious
Website
www.leannacinquanta.com
For many years I've been trying to mobilize people to join me in revealing Judeo-Christian facts and contributions to humanity through editing Wikipedia articles. With only a few hours of quality research and writing, tens of thousands of people can be influenced. Wikipedia editing offers a gold mine of opportunity to improve upon existing articles while also guiding millions toward Christ, Biblical morality, and revived awareness of the massive contribution to humanity made by Judeo-Christianity.

I've made contributions to around 40 Wikipedia pages, including the United States page which averages over a million views a month. If you're active in editing Wikipedia, OR if you're interested in doing so, please respond to this thread. I'd love to get to know you and talk more!

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
For many years I've been trying to mobilize people to join me in revealing Judeo-Christian facts and contributions to humanity through editing Wikipedia articles. With only a few hours of quality research and writing, tens of thousands of people can be influenced. Wikipedia editing offers a gold mine of opportunity to improve upon existing articles while also guiding millions toward Christ, Biblical morality, and revived awareness of the massive contribution to humanity made by Judeo-Christianity.

I've made contributions to around 40 Wikipedia pages, including the United States page which averages over a million views a month. If you're active in editing Wikipedia, OR if you're interested in doing so, please respond to this thread. I'd love to get to know you and talk more!

Sorry, are you suggesting you edit Wiki pages in an effort to guide people to Christ?

Reason 467 why to never use Wiki as a source for anything.

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Wait, so you’re editing Wiki pages and adding a religious slant to them so that people seeking knowledge end up being “guided” into Christianity? Uhhhh. There is so much that’s morally fucked up about this I don’t even know where to begin. I don’t know how Wikipedia works, but dang, I hope they ban you.

Marissa D

Scribe of the girls in the basement
Registered
Reaction score
New England but hankering for the old one
Website
www.marissadoyle.com
Uhhhh. There is so much that’s morally fucked up about this I don’t even know where to begin.

This. Very, very much this. I find the idea of what the OP is doing absolutely reprehensible, unless, of course, she is willing to concede that it is perfectly all right for others of different religious and philosophical persuasions to do the same.

cornflake

Registered
Reaction score
I'm suddenly struck with a desire to spend the evening editing Wiki pages to subtly advance the cause of Islam. Thanks for the inspiration, Leanna!

Last edited:

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
OP, would you be willing to give an example to clarify for the other posters here what you intend to "edit?" because as you've phrased it, your goal may be coming off as more deceitful or damaging than you intend for it to.

Quote the section of an entry you feel is in error, then quote it again with the changes you've made. (only small sections, not the whole article)

It would give everyone a better indication of what you're calling facts. Then you might get some more positive responses - or, you might get some more detailed rebuttals to provide insight into angles you might not be considering with this plan.

Please remember that while evangelism is a foundational part of your beliefs, the same has been used as an excuse to hurt those outside of the Christian faith. The Bible calls the word of God a two-edged sword for a reason - it can be used to defend, but it can also be used to cut people to shreds, and the best of intentions can't dull that if you swing that weapon in error.

Larry M

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
For many years I've been trying to mobilize people to join me in revealing Judeo-Christian facts and contributions to humanity through editing Wikipedia articles.

Are you editing pages that already discuss "Judeo-Christian facts," or are you adding your contributions to pages on other topics?

If it's the first, then go for it. If it's the latter, then it poses a serious problem, and you will be reported to Wikipedia.

Leanna

Registered
Reaction score
Colorado, India, or with my MC battling ferocious
Website
www.leannacinquanta.com
Wow, great way to welcome a new contributor to this forum! For your information, a large number of Wikipedia articles are heavily slanted toward pantheism, atheism and Islam. I seek to balance such articles. This is something Wikipedia itself requests editors to do. My interest is, as I stated, to genuinely IMPROVE upon articles in regard to overall accuracy and the availability o information not only about what pantheists and Islam has done, but also what Judeo-Christianity has done, to better humanity. My edits typically last 3 years, some have lasted longer - an indication that the moderators have found my content to be both accurate and well cited.

That said, it appears Absolute Write is not a place where I will find helpful community. Getting the F word fired at me the first time I post something is ample reason for me to go find a more civilized group. Good day to you all.

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
Wow, great way to welcome a new contributor to this forum! For your information, a large number of Wikipedia articles are heavily slanted toward pantheism, atheism and Islam. I seek to balance such articles. This is something Wikipedia itself requests editors to do. My interest is, as I stated, to genuinely IMPROVE upon articles in regard to overall accuracy and the availability o information not only about what pantheists and Islam has done, but also what Judeo-Christianity has done, to better humanity. My edits typically last 3 years, some have lasted longer - an indication that the moderators have found my content to be both accurate and well cited.

That said, it appears Absolute Write is not a place where I will find helpful community. Getting the F word fired at me the first time I post something is ample reason for me to go find a more civilized group. Good day to you all.

So you're not going to post examples of articles you feel are biased as evidence of your position?

And just a point of accuracy, this isn't the first time you've posted something. It's the 86th time.

cornflake

Registered
Reaction score

Several of us asked for clarification as to what you meant.

You've got 86 posts -- this is not the first time you posted something, and Puttput didn't curse 'at you,' I'd argue, though there was a curse in the post. I'm sure there are forums that police language, but AW is a site primarily for writers.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
As you said, you're new to posting in this area. No one knows you, nor is anyone familiar with your work. The only way to know is to ask for samples, same as any other writing endeavor.

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Actually, what you said was: “tens of thousands of people can be influenced. Wikipedia editing offers a gold mine of opportunity to improve upon existing articles while also guiding millions toward Christ, Biblical morality, and revived awareness of the massive contribution to humanity made by Judeo-Christianity.”

So you’ve already stated you have an agenda of converting people, which is...hey, here comes another F bomb, massively fucked up. I can’t even give you the benefit of doubt because you’ve expressly stated you edit posts to “guide” millions toward Christ. Wikipedia shouldn’t be allowing people with an agenda to post.

If you don’t want the F word fired at you then stop doing fucked up shit.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
I go away for one day. One!

OP: Absolute Write is a site for writers to discuss the craft and help each other improve our writing, usually with the goal toward publication. It is most emphatically not a place to proselytize in any way, shape, or form. If you wish to discuss religion as it relates to your writing (devotionals, Christian NF, Christian Fic), such discussions are welcome.

However, recruiting writers to alter Wikipedia articles so they skew toward Christianity is not a way to improve the craft. It is 100% proselytization and as such is not in the spirit of the room. You're welcome to join in any of the other recent threads here about the craft There's also the Fellowship Cafe thread.

I'm closing this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.