• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking Beta Readers for 86K Adult-Oriented SF novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowned in Fireflies

Registered
Reaction score
The manuscript has around an 86K word count, it's a science fiction drama meant for adults, and it features multiple POV characters. The setting is far-future, space-set, and despite being scifi, I think it has a fantasy-esque quality because of how far-removed it is from current reality, and also because of all the monarchy/aristocracy and theocracy involved. This contains gay and straight sexual relationships, lot's of drugs, and space lasers, so if you have issues with any of these things, this may not be for you.

Here is a blurb I came up with to describe it:
In a distant future where biology and technology are one and the same, we have forgotten our origins. Born from the wombs of living starships, strange new breeds of human live in a strict caste system. Ship-birthed lords rule vast interstellar kingdoms, and primitive societies still living on planet surfaces toil away under their feudal tyranny. Monarchs born of the noblest of ships vie for power as a great war threatens to extinguish the stars themselves.

It has everything you didn't even know you needed in your life:

• Centipede dinner parties

• Phallocrypts

• Weird fungus

• Space lords

• Pyramids

• Pirate orgies

What I'm looking for
I want to know what I'm doing wrong, and I want to know what I'm doing right. You can be brutally honest with me, as long as I get a complete picture.

I'm looking for feedback about the story as a whole, but I also welcome more detail-oriented beta readers with more focused, small-scale critiques. What I do need for sure is someone who can read it all within maybe a month or two and provide me regular updates on what they've read and their feedback (like preliminary feedback after the first few chapters).

No special experience/credentials/accomplishments needed.

Silver_Lightning

Registered
Reaction score
Happy to help. I'm more of a story-line plot hole character nit-pick kinda guy, not a grammar nazi, so if that works for you, I'd love to help. I'm currently on revisions for my own 110k epic fantasy, so let me know if you want to swap!

Status
Not open for further replies.