Hi everyone!

Ed8350

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys!

My name is Ed. I am delighted I have took the plunge and joined a writing community. I love writing - I can't say I'm good at it - but I love to write and I love to read. When it comes to genres I am not fussy. A great read is a great read right?

I'll keep this short and wrap it up by saying I love Stephen King, Chuck Palahniuk and Bret Easton Ellis. That sort of style and overall vibe is what I love and would be lucky to write like. That said I am a big fan of the Young Adult genre too. I read a lot of R.L. Stine as a kid and would love to see more of that sort of stuff front and centre in Y.A. again.

Okay. Thanks so much for reading and I look forward to getting to know you all and reading some great work. I think it's awesome there is a place creative folk can go and encourage one another and help out with each others work or creative ideas.

See you around the boards! :Thumbs:

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Ed, :welcome: to AW - Make yourself at home, and have some coffee and a donut.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given each week.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

The zombies made me

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Ed! I'm assuming you're somewhat (at least) into horror so yay for that! Regardless, I hope you're having an awesome day!
CR

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Ed, welcome to AW :welcome:

Ed8350

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys. Yep I am a fan of horror and that's what I like to write about. Nothing too dark though. I like to write trashy horror with a sense of humour. I don't like really dark stuff. Mainly because the world is scary enough at times and to be honest I get scared easily ha ha!

vhilal

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome and enjoy the site! Lots of great stuff out there!