Tor.com Opening to Novella Submissions

Siwyenbast

Registered
Reaction score
Down to 361 (started at 579). They seem to be doing the crayons and then doing a little bit more serious read over of synopses and cover letters before getting chewy into the actual works. This makes sense, as it helps them to prioritize pieces that should get the reading and votes first in slush meetings then the iffy ones. It takes quite a while after that to go through the pieces, and from what I've seen in the thread and their big publisher status, it wouldn't surprise me if they had over 1k+ subs at the close of the entry period.

For those that have already gotten an answer (rejection) at least now the piece is free to be polished up and sent to other publishers. With how my CW teacher gets irked at my adherence to double spacing at the end of a sentence and says that editors would as well, I'm sure at least one editor is annoyed at it. Then again, I'm annoyed at her for making a reading downtown on a day that I have other plans mandatory.

phantom000

Registered
Reaction score
473, considering i started at 706 I guess i am doing better than most. I just can't tell if its because someone actually likes my work or is it that they just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Siwyenbast

Registered
Reaction score
Down to 320 now. Queue around me has seemed to slow down some, so I'm assuming that they're starting the serious read-throughs on the May group and some of the July group. How's everyone else doing?

efreysson

Closer than ever
Registered
Reaction score
It's just my luck to write my very first novella, and have it get glowing reviews from my betas, a little too late to participate.

Does Tor have a firm schedule for when they open up for submissions again?

Siwyenbast

Registered
Reaction score
Been stuck at 278 since right around graduation. Probably have an editor out sick, seriously considering a piece, or something.

Siwyenbast

Registered
Reaction score
At 248 now. Maybe they're doing their serious considering on the July group while holding the May one as finalists?

PastyAlien

Space butthole
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
helfrich.ca
According to the Grinder, looks like they just haven't gotten to the later July subs yet. But they're getting closer. I'll probably get my R before the rest of you, having subbed a bit earlier. I'll let you know!

MKnightium

Registered
Reaction score
Alright so, I jumped the gun. Didn't see the post date for this.

...eh, I'm still gonna fix that novella. No reason not to.

Last edited: