Sean Hannity was Michael Cohen’s “I don’t want to name him” client

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This probably explains Hannity’s recent on-air meltdown about the sanctity of attorney-client privilege? :popcorn:

Michael Cohen's mystery third client is Sean Hannity

CNN said:
Donald Trump's personal attorney Michael Cohen also represents Fox News host Sean Hannity, Cohen's attorneys said Monday afternoon.

Cohen had told the court earlier he had at least 10 clients between 2017 and 2018, including the President, and the former GOP fundraiser Elliot Broidy who acknowledged paying $1.6 million to a Playboy model with whom he had an affair.

Judge Kimba Wood ordered Cohen to attend and provide information about his clients as she weighs an emergency action by Cohen's attorneys to stop prosecutors from reviewing more than a dozen electronic devices and documents seized during a FBI raid of Cohen's office, home and hotel room last week.

Cohen's lawyers had publicly identified Trump and Broidy as clients, but only revealed Hannity's name after the judge ordered them to.

Twick

Registered
Reaction score
Since Cohen appears to be a "fixer" for hiding payments for sexual indiscretion, I wonder what Sean's been up to?

... Excuse me, I feel a little queasy.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The ball rolling down the hill is picking up speed. The news media is going to go into withdrawals if the 'taint team' takes months to go through that mountain of material.

Of course attacking Mueller and Rosenstein will likely take up some of the slack.

kikazaru

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
So does this mean that because Hannity is "involved" Fox will remove him from broadcasting any news items regarding this investigation because of a conflict of interest? I hope so I cannot stand the sight or sound of him.

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
And then Hannity started tweeting that HE ISN'T A CLIENT OF COHEN'S! HE'S JUST TAKEN A LITTLE ADVICE ON THE SIDE. FOR LIKE, 10 BUCKS.

Thereby waiving any potential attorney-client privilege Hannity may have wanted to claim later, when all the documents and recordings come out.

Whoever's taken to calling it Stupid Watergate has been underselling.

Larry M

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
And then Hannity started tweeting that HE ISN'T A CLIENT OF COHEN'S! HE'S JUST TAKEN A LITTLE ADVICE ON THE SIDE. FOR LIKE, 10 BUCKS.

Thereby waiving any potential attorney-client privilege Hannity may have wanted to claim later, when all the documents and recordings come out.

Whoever's taken to calling it Stupid Watergate has been underselling.

Not only that, but either Hannity is lying, or Cohen lied to the judge. The plot thickens.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Man, this administration is evil, but too stupid to achieve anything. You Americans really dodged the bullet, but it hit you in the ass. You'll live, but it's embarrassing to see.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Isn't one of the first rules of dubious undertakings 'Get your stories straight'? Teenagers know this. You learn this when coaching your buddy to tell your mom that you were at the library all afternoon.
And the people running the country never learned?

raburrell

Treguna Makoidees Trecorum SadisDee
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccaburrell.com
Isn't one of the first rules of dubious undertakings 'Get your stories straight'? Teenagers know this. You learn this when coaching your buddy to tell your mom that you were at the library all afternoon.
I think it goes to show how far their sense of entitlement & hubris has taken them - my read is they've been getting away with this stuff unobstructed for so long that they truly had no concept of the idea that anyone would be able to stop them.

Larry M

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Man, this administration is evil, but too stupid to achieve anything. You Americans really dodged the bullet, but it hit you in the ass. You'll live, but it's embarrassing to see.

I guarantee you, it's far more embarrassing to live it​ than to just see it.

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
Years ago I had a student so stupid that he put his name on his cheat sheet and then accidently handed it in with his final exam. For years I thought that was the most mind bogglingly stupid thing I had ever seen....BUT NOOOOO --s6

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com

LOL, it's like the time I caught my kids (after the fact) having had a BANGIN' party at our house while my hubs and I were away for a weekend because THEY FILLED THE 60 GAL. RECYCLE BIN WITH BEER CANS!

I mean, good environmentalists, but crap conspirators. :ROFL:

Technophobe

Registered
Reaction score
To paraphrase a comment I saw on Twitter: imagine how Hannity would react if Obama's attorney, who was under criminal investigation, was revealed to also be representing Rachel Maddow, who used her show to defend said attorney. Just imagine.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Rachel Maddow is reading some of the court transcript about releasing Hannity's name. Out of nowhere an attorney representing the news media and the First Amendment jumps in and the plan to let the judge know the secret name via a silent piece of paper flew out the window. An entertaining exchange to say the least.

A link to the transcript is pending.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
LOL, it's like the time I caught my kids (after the fact) having had a BANGIN' party at our house while my hubs and I were away for a weekend because THEY FILLED THE 60 GAL. RECYCLE BIN WITH BEER CANS!

I mean, good environmentalists, but crap conspirators. :ROFL:
But, that shows you have basically good kids: they have no experience at scheming. :Hug2:
They didn't even think to get some non-partier to take the empties back for the refund money.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
either Hannity is lying, or Cohen lied to the judge.

1. With his records having been seized, Cohen has no reason to lie, and every reason NOT to lie.
2. If Hannity is lying, why? What exactly could he be worried about?

It also says a lot about this Administration that the President's personal attorney has to hire attorneys.

caw

Last edited:

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh wow! Lawrence O'Donnell is reporting an interesting bit about Kimba Wood, the judge in the Cohen case.

She was a candidate for Attorney General but withdrew her nomination because despite paying all relevant employee taxes, her child care provider was an undocumented immigrant.

He predicts a tidal wave of attacks on Wood based on these events.

Did I mention how much hope the people in this forum give me? Well you do.

Last edited:

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I love Hannity protesting he never paid Cohen legal fees -- ok, he maybe paid him $10!

First, who the hell pays a lawyer $10? You either pay legal fees or you don't, or, if you're fake retaining your friend to be able to claim privilege or whatever, you give them $1.

Second, Cohen says he had three whole clients, and an office in Manhattan. One of those clients is Trump, who doesn't like to pay people. That'd leave one client and Hannity, who says he paid a grand total of $10.

That doesn't seem likely!

I get they're all fucking dumbasses but the daily demonstrations of how correct Dunning and Kruger were is amazing.